Unable to set reference cell for field pressure (p)¶
Simulation setup error: The solver failed to find a reference value for the pressure field. Please make sure that you have specified the reference cell and value for pressure, or use a boundary condition that uses a fixed value for pressure.
- The simulation setup has an error. The solver requires a pressure value that it can use as reference to fix the pressure field magnitude. Normally, this value is defined in boundary conditions that specify a fixed value for pressure. In case none of the boundaries have a fixed pressure, the reference value can also be specified in the numerics, along with the cell number to which it belongs.
- In this case, the reference value for pressure was found neither in the boundary conditions, nor in the numerics.
What could be the possible reason?¶
- You specified neither a value for the pressure in the boundary conditions, nor a reference value and cell number in the numerics.
What can I do now?¶
- Re-evaluate your simulation setup. If possible, use a boundary condition which specifies a fixed value for the pressure.
- If this is not possible due to the nature of your simulation setup, specify a value for parameter ‘Pressure reference value’ and ‘Pressure reference cell’ under the ‘Numerics’ sub-tree in the simulation setup.