Get started with SimScale¶
The SimScale platform interface is divided in four main tabs. The following sections explain them briefly. For further information see also our video tutorials.
How it works¶
- Create an account
- Create an account on www.simscale.de and access the platform.
- Upload a CAD file and create a mesh
- Upload a CAD file and create a mesh with it completely with 3D visualization of all steps.
- Choose an analysis type and setup the simulation
- Choose between various analysis type and model your technical application.
- Start simulation runs
- Start your simulation on a hardware of your choice.
- Analyse results
- Analyse the results inside the online post-processing environment
The first ever CAE Community with a Public Project Library
- A vast library of public projects that covers several analysis types and application areas
- View or copy template projects to setup your simulations
- Engage in discussions and ask for help in the CAE Forum
Manage your simulation projects in the Dashboard
- Create a new CAE project or use sample community projects
- Check on the started jobs and their progress
- Edit your projects in the Workbench
- Use the shortcut-links to quickly jump to the parts you are currently interested in
- Share your projects with other community users.
Create meshes for any kind of simulation with the Mesh Creator
- Upload a CAD file and review it in 3D
- Use the CAD operations for geometry
- Upload exisiting meshes
- Use different meshing algorithms for mesh creation
- Tetrahedral / Hexa-dominant / Prism-inflation and others
Once you’ve chosen an analysis type the interactive user interface walks you through all the steps necessary to set up a proper simulation.
Model you application and run the simulation on the hardware of your choice
- Choose from various analysis types
- Fluid Mechanics, Structural Mechanics, Thermodynamics and more about to come
- Apply boundary and initial conditions using the 3D interaction
- Define model properties like the material you are using
- Specify the hardware on which you want to run the simulation on
- Create a run and start it
See the results immediately in 3D and analyze them
- Results can be post-processed instantly
- General viewing filters like clipping, slicing or threshold
- Visualization of non-grid data like frequencies possible as well
- Option to download the results for local post-processing