Solver error: The simulation has encountered a floating point exception.
- The simulation stopped as the solver encountered a floating point exception error possibly due to a division by Zero during calculation.
What could be the possible reason?
- For Compressible and Natural Convection Heat Transfer analysis type, either no pressure boundary condition and reference pressure value were specified or Zero values were used for pressure in the simulation setup.
- For other analysis types, some flow variables e.g turbulence quantities were specified Zero value in either Initial conditions or some Custom boundary conditions.
What can I do now?
- Make sure that for Compressible and Natural Convection Heat Transfer analysis type, pressure has Non-Zero values in the Boundary Conditions, Initial Conditions and a Non-Zero Reference pressure value is specified under Numerics. (Please see Boundary Condition Documentation for details and sample Tutorials for reference).
- For Incompressible, Passive scalar transport and Convective heat transfer with Boussinesq approximation enabled, the Gauge pressure may have a Zero value. But make sure the turbulence and other variables have Non-Zero values specified.