How to import geometries from Fusion 360 into SimScale? Does SimScale have an add-in to simplify the process?
There are two ways to import geometries from Fusion to SimScale. We will go through them in this article.
First Method: SimScale Add-in for Fusion 360
After downloading and installing the add-in, users can easily take their models from Fusion directly to their preferred SimScale workbench.
Once the geometry is ready to run simulations, follow these steps to import it to SimScale:
- Within Fusion, please switch to the “Tools” tab. This is where add-ins are listed. Click on the SimScale icon and launch it.
- After launching the add-in, enter your SimScale credentials. If you currently don’t have a SimScale account, make sure to sign up on this page.
- Now, in the drop-down menu, there is a list of all existing projects in your Dashboard. Choose one of the projects to import the geometry.
After clicking on upload to project, the geometry is available directly in your desired workbench!
Second Method: Exporting and Importing
The second method consists of exporting the geometry from Fusion, and then importing it to SimScale.
In Fusion, when the geometry is ready, click on file and select export:
Make sure to export your geometry in a format that SimScale supports.
Afterward, navigate to the SimScale workbench and follow these steps:
- 1: Click on the ‘+ button’ next to geometry;
- 2: Select a file to upload or drag it to the box;
- 3: Click on the upload button.
The geometry should now be visible in your workbench.