Solver error: A continuity error has been encountered that cannot be removed.
- The simulation stopped as the solver has encountered an error in the continuity equation that is not removable.
What could be the possible reason?
- There is an issue with the boundary condition setup as the inlet and outlet massflow rates are not equal.
What can I do now?
- Please check the Velocity/Pressure Inlet or Outlet boundary conditions and make sure Inlet and Outlet have correct values and are properly set up.
- In most cases, it is recommended to use the standard boundary conditions with a ‘Velocity Inlet’ and a ‘Pressure Outlet’ boundary condition. please see Boundary Condition Documentation for details.
- In case of a Custom boundary condition: make sure to use a ‘fixed value’ for Velocity and ‘zero gradient’ for pressure at the Inlet and a ‘fixed value’ pressure and ‘zero gradient’ for velocity at the Outlet.