With summer around the corner, get ready for SimScale’s Summer Breeze Contest! New to simulation? Advanced user? Somewhere in the middle? Calling all SimScale fans to create their best ventilation simulation this summer to beat the heat and win!
What Is the SimScale Summer Breeze Contest?
This competition focuses on supporting and promoting our community members by professionally featuring your projects and abilities across the web, to ultimately help you to secure internships, add something extra to your applications, or even land that job you really want by giving you support! We want our users to breeze through summer and into their future with the help of SimScale. Show off your Sim-skills including CFD analysis and post-processing abilities within the SimScale community and beyond!
This year’s Summer Breeze Contest asks participants to create a unique project related to natural or mechanical ventilation. Participants must include post-processed results as well as report on their findings in the comments of their project. The more descriptive, the better!
How Can I Participate in the SimScale Summer Breeze Contest?
Entering the competition is simple!
- Create your public project, and include the tag “SimScaleSummerBreeze” on or before Friday, 26th of July, 2019.
- Add a relevant project title, detailed description (introduction, simulation setup, results, and conclusion), and high-resolution post-processing images.
- Post and share your project across social media platforms, making sure to tag/mention SimScale and using the hashtag #SimScaleSummerBreeze!
FAQs to Avoid Summer Blues & Jump into the Contest
What’s stopping participants from creating multiple projects to compete? Nothing at all! You can submit as many projects as you want using the aforementioned steps.
Projects created by a user within a paid license or professional test license are not eligible for submission. But never fear! These users can still participate by creating a free Community account and a public project. This way, the (online) playing field is even for all participants. Any edits or entries created after the submission deadline will no longer be considered in the competition.
In case you find yourself running out of core hours, but are close to finishing your project, feel free to reach out to us and we’ll try to help you out with some more computational power.
All projects that follow our competition guidelines will then be judged by our in-house team of simulation professionals. To learn about all of our winning criteria, more information can be found in the contest guidelines.
Need Some Inspiration & Less Perspiration?
Check out all of our public projects for great ideas on how to get started.
This project uses an English Cottage CAD model to analyze winter and summer weather conditions. The ventilation system in place is designed to make maximum use of passive ventilation to reduce energy consumption and noise of mechanical HVAC units.
What Can I Win?
This year, all projects will be eligible to win the following prizes:
- Free and professional promotion across the web and social channels from the SimScale Marketing Team (Great for students or young professionals looking to add to their CVs and resumes for application season).
- The top 3 projects will receive professional achievement certifications from SimScale and will be featured in a blog piece and/or video.
- The top 3 projects will also receive a free CV/Resume review from the SimScale team for feedback and suggestions on how you can breeze through your interviews!
- Finally, the first prize project will win prizes 1,2 & 3, along with a SimSwag Bag filled with goodies to make your vacation season sweeter than a summer breeze!
All of the details and guidelines for your participation can be found here in our forum.
Read about our 2019 ‘Community Contest’ and our past winners!