Learn about the application of engineering simulation in biomedical devices design
About this workshop
SimScale and Medical School Hannover – one of the world’s leading university medical research centres – are joining forces to offer a free workshop series about the application of engineering simulation in biomedical engineering.
Participants will receive a hands-on, interactive introduction to the application of engineering simulation in biomechanics and medical sciences, and will learn from top experts how to leverage the free, cloud-based SimScale platform to design biomedical devices.
Every webinar session comes with an optional simulation homework assignment and submitting these will qualify for certification and prizes. There is no prior knowledge or software required to join this workshop series. All participants will get free access to SimScale with all the required simulation features.
- The Biomedical Engineering Workshop will consist of a series of 3 one-hour webinar sessions
- The live, online sessions will take place on Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. Central European Time, with the first session starting on August 25th
- Learn how to virtually test prosthesis, stents, and other biomechanical devices.
- Get dedicated and individual support to learn how to perform fluid dynamics, structural, or thermodynamics simulations.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion and a SimScale Professional Training (value of 500€) by submitting all 3 simulation homework assignments
Presenting this workshop:
- Milad Mafi, Academic Program Manager at SimScale
- Dr. Sotiris Korossis, Director of Biomedical Engineering at Medical School Hannover
5 PM (CEST)
HIP JOINT PROSTHESIS
Session one: August 25th – 5:00pm CEST
In the first session, we will talk about to the fundamentals of biomedical engineering. You will learn about the latest technological trends and how engineering simulation is being used today to improve individual diagnostics and therapy. We will show you how to perform your first simulation of a biomedical device.
5 PM (CEST)
STENT DESIGN AND APPLICATION
Session two: September 1st – 5:00pm CEST
Stents are small expandable tubes used to treat narrowed or weakened arteries in the body. During the second session, you will learn about the challenges and requirements of stent design in order to achieve maximum therapeutic success. Afterward, you will evaluate the behavior of a stent by running a simulation yourself.
5 PM (CEST)
IN VIVO BLOOD FLOW
Session three: September 8th – 5:00pm CEST
The last session will expand your knowledge about biomedical engineering for blood flow simulation. You will learn about the fundamentals of the cardiovascular system and how prospective technologies based on simulation will help to treat widespread diseases. Finally, you will learn how to evaluate the danger of vessel calcification with the aid of a fluid flow simulation.