SimScale Launches Integration for Autodesk Fusion 360
Say “hello” to the SimScale add-in for Autodesk Fusion 360
After the successful launch of the connector app for Onshape last year, which allowed our users to have a more seamless workflow between the design and virtual testing phase, we are happy to announce another exciting CAD integration!
SimScale has collaborated with the Autodesk team to launch an add-in allowing all the Fusion 360 users to easily upload their 3D CAD models directly to SimScale.
With the help of the add-in, which can be downloaded for free directly from the Autodesk App Store for both Windows and Mac OS, you can create your model on Autodesk Fusion 360, and with a few clicks push your geometry to an existing project on SimScale without having to leave the application or to deal with some cumbersome format conversions when saving the file.
How does the add-in work?
After downloading and successfully installing the SimScale add-in into Fusion 360, you will be able to upload the current CAD model to any of your projects on SimScale. In order to achieve that, you will have to:
- Switch to the “Model” perspective inside Fusion 360
- Either click on the SimScale add-in icon in the “Model” panel, or “Launch the SimScale add-in” in the add-in menu.
- If you are not logged in, you will be asked to do so, and if you don’t have a SimScale account, there’s a link in the authentication window which will take you to the signup page.
- After logging in you will be prompted to choose the project on SimScale to which you would like to upload the CAD.
- Having selected the project, click on “Upload to project”. Depending on the geometry’s complexity, the upload can take a few minutes.
- You can safely log out at any point after completing the upload, by clicking on “Logout from SimScale” in the add-in panel.
- To continue working with your model, go to the SimScale platform and open the project in your dashboard.
For anyone who is interested in learning more about the SimScale add-in and to understand how it works, we will be hosting a dedicated online webinar, where we will show you how you can improve a skateboard design using Fusion 360 and SimScale together. The webinar will take place on August 31st at 5 p.m. CEST and you can register for it here. Don’t worry if you won’t be able to join live – we’ll make sure to send you a recording!