Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) in combination with shape optimization is a powerful tool for engineers and designers who want to optimize their product designs. In this webinar, our experts will show you how FRIENDSHIP SYSTEMS and GEMÜ, leading companies in the fields of CFD-driven shape optimization and valves, respectively, leveraged the power of the cloud using SimScale to automate the design of a globe valve. The webinar will show:
- The parameterization of a globe valve geometry for robust and flexible shape variation
- Import and editing of the CAD model in SimScale, and automated meshing
- A pressure-driven flow simulation run with a 1 bar pressure drop and hundreds of design of experiment (DOE) runs using the shape optimization tool CAESES
- Flow simulation run time in minutes
- How design insights significantly improved overall valve performance
Who Should Watch?
- CFD engineers and consultants
- Design engineers working on shape optimization
- Industrial and mechanical engineers interested in performance simulation
- Computational engineers and designers
No prior knowledge or software is required to join this webinar. All participants can simulate in SimScale right away by creating an account on simscale.com. If you are unable to attend the live session, we would still encourage you to register to receive the webinar recording.