Engineering simulation in the cloud gives mechanical and structural engineers more detailed insight compared to physical testing, which is critical during the early stages of design exploration. SimScale offers multiple analysis types for engineers including linear and non-linear static analyses and leverages parallel computation capabilities to yield:
- Faster design cycles and engineering insight
- Reduced costs and time investment in the prototyping phase
- In-platform CAD editing for a streamlined design workflow
In this live demonstration, our experts show a step-by-step process for evaluating the performance of a snap-fit pin component, commonly used in industrial and automotive applications. Key design considerations that are explored include the survivability, stress points, and deformation behavior of the model, accounting for its weight and manufacturing costs.
Who Should Watch?
- Structural engineers who need to verify design performance
- Automotive and industrial engineers
- Anyone performing FEA/Structural analysis on components and structures
- Anyone interested in simulation and modeling of electronics