3D Printed JIG Strength analysis

Hello all, I am designing a fixture to be 3d printed out of PA12 Nylon via MJF technology. I need to understand if the material is strong enough to hold the weight of the manifold (plus valves and fittings). I have no training with FEA so am clueless on how to go about simulating this. I have hidden the valves on the images as these are IP, but the manifold and valves will be bolted on to the 3d printed fixture which itself is bolted to a welded stainless frame.

FIXTURE

Hello @karl_diaz , and welcome to SimScale platform!

You don’t need to be an FEA expert to perform structural simulations on the SimScale platform; we aim to make simulation accessible to everyone. :slight_smile:

To quickly get started on the platform, I recommend beginning with a simple, step-by-step tutorial focusing on Static simulations. I believe the following tutorial could be a good starting point for you. After completing this tutorial, I recommend using your own CAD model to explore more complex settings. Simply follow the simulation tree from top to bottom, ensuring all mandatory settings are provided by you. You’ll find the platform quite intuitive.

Have you already imported your model? If not, I recommend taking a look at the following page for information on CAD formats supported by the platform and how to import them.

Once you have a good grasp of the platform and its settings, here’s what you’ll likely need to focus on for your simulations:

If anything is unclear or if you encounter any issues along the way, please don’t hesitate to create a new topic here. We’re here to assist you!

Best regards, Kaan

Thanks Kaan, I’ll have a look at these resources.

Regards,

Karl

1 Like