Simulation Run Failed

I run the simulation after completing the mesh but I received an error during simulation which states:

I do hope that someone from Simscale could identify the problem.

Hi,
Thank you for posting on the forum :grinning:
To gain more insight into the causes of divergence, the following basic steps are useful:

1. Create a ‘probe point‘ result control and input the coordinates displayed in the error message. In doing so, you will see exactly where the divergence occurred;
  2. If the point is close to one of the boundaries, double-check all boundary conditions, making sure they are correct;
  3. If the point is located inside the domain, inspect the mesh around the area. The ‘mesh quality‘ visualization feature is very useful in this step. Even just a few bad quality cells can create instabilities in the simulation, ultimately leading to divergence.

If you want to learn more, and have a look at some trouble-shooting examples too, make sure to read this article:

I would recommend you improve your mesh quality. You can read more here on Mesh quality and How to Check and Improve Mesh Quality?. There are also some Forum posts which might be useful for you. Perhaps have a look at this.

Let me know if these links are helpful!

1 Like