Rookie facing difficulties in Incompressible Simulation

Hi there. I am a college student who recently doing a research on wind analysis in surveying industry. Thus, I started a project to simulate the wind flow in a city, and I may be able to make some study based on the result. However, I have no experience on CFD or engineering, and the project also come across with some problems :frowning:

1st problem
Sheet bodies detected.
The model contains sheet bodies (surface data). The meshing algorithm requires solid regions only and therefore surface parts will be ignored in case you continue. It is recommended to solidify all parts.

The system keep remind me the above message and I don’t know how to set up a mesh and how does it function. I have no idea what to do and I 've been stuck in this part :frowning:

2nd problem
A setup with 118 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please make sure that all regions except for one have an Advanced Concept assigned to them.

Again, the system keep remind me the above message but I don’t know how to fix it. :frowning:

Project link: Central-Central-and-Western-HK 4
Project link: SimScale
(Incompressible Simulation)

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPP :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hi, and thanks for using the forum!

I think you are on the right track. One quick fix that you can try is to delete all the parts except for the flow region. You can do that in the CAD Edit Mode also, using the Body - Delete operation.

Please try this action, and let me know if you can then perform your simulation.

Thanks for replying. I am not sure what you mean by delete all the parts except for the flow region, maybe deleting all buildings? :sweat_smile: If so, I may not be able to observe the effect to the buildings brought by the wind. Can you explain more? Many thanks. :grinning:

Sure: the shape of the buildings is already captured in the flow region, so the shapes are taken into account. As you are going to simulate the flow, this is the only volume that you need.

Please review our tutorials on aerodynamics and try to grasp the concepts, this should help:

Got it! I will try this out. I’ll let u know if I succeed, thank u :smiley:

1 Like

So I’ve started the simulation but it failed, what should I do? :thinking:

Hi, this article should help with the error:

I’ve read the article and I’ve created a probe point and input the coordinates displayed in the error message according to the article.

However, the simulation still failed, so I started to check the Mesh quality, and I’ve read the below article: How to Check and Improve Mesh Quality | SimScale

In fact, I am not sure whether there are bad cells in my CAD model and cause to the failure of my simulation, any suggestion? :thinking:

HI,

You need at least another wall with NO_SLIP condition. That wall should contain your city.

Cheers,

Retsam

1 Like