Pedestrian Wind Comfort Analysis

From plot you show, it seems that your simulation went awry. Please check:

Convergence plot
Wind flow in X direction (it should not flow higher then stellar winds :slightly_smiling_face:)
Pressure (same: stellar pressures indicates error in simulation setup).

Read everything you can about Urban confort simulation. I will not do the work in your place. Check public projects and documentation of SimScale.

With converged simulation you will be able to proceed to meaningful visualisation.

Cheers,

Retsam

1 Like

I’m really sorry for all the questions. I tried running two new simulations, one making the buildings no-slip walls, then another with added forces and moments, but everything is still all blue. What is causing the problem?

Run 1

Run 2

I’m a high school student, I’ve had no prior experience with CFD simulation, and my project is due on Monday Jan. 13. I’ve been working on it all week and have been running into a lot of problems, and I’m starting to get really anxious… Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Who told you that CFD is easy?

I made a copy of your project:

Example for Pedestrian Wind Study…

Look at SimCity_TET_Mesh simulation. It has a simplistic TET based mesh of your ‘City’ (270 kNodes). The simulation was run (Run 1) and you have an example of results.

Your simulation domain is much too big and (my) TET mesh is too coarse, but you can (and should) mend it.

I did not mess with hour hex mesh, as I said the domain is too big and so called ‘Numerics’ are not adjusted.

Convergence plot is not terrible, but is acceptable:

I suggest you make a duplication of that project (I played with) and try to get something better I did in 15 minutes.

Cheers,

Retsam

1 Like

Thank you very much! I will make adjustments to the one you made. My teacher told me that I would have to run some sort of experiment to test pedestrian comfort. If I didn’t use CFD, I would have had to create a full scaled real-life model and my own wind tunnel, and I don’t have those materials. Thanks again, and sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused

Thanks a lot Andrzej for helping our user here!

@NLim8, for pedestrian comfort analyses, let me give you some resources that might help you out for your work:

These should help you out, some of them take a bit of time to understand if you have never done an analysis like that before. In case of doubts, feel free to reach out to us! Happy to help you out!

P.S.: You can tell your teacher that we also help educators along with their students, they simply have to apply for an academic plan right HERE or contact me via mail at jmurad@simscale.com

Jousef

1 Like