MESHING turbulent pipe flow

Hi!

I have a problem. When I am making different grids in the several simulation within the same public project, the mesh changes in all simulations, not only in the simulation i want to check, so i am loosing all my tests i am doing.

Why is it happening to me ?

Thanks

1 Like

Can you share the project link? So that we can check.

I have already found the problem. I think that, when I copy a simulation, i have to create a new mesh, otherwise , the grid will be the same for all simulatios since it is not independient. This is the reason why, when i do tests, the mesh change in all simulations.

Let me know if this is correct.

Thanks

Hi Andrea!

All the meshes that have been created in the copied project are maintained and not changed and will be fully available in the copy. How do you come to the conclusion that there is a change in the mesh? Maybe I miss your point here :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Jousef

Hi!

I cant explain very well but it is okay!

I have another problem regarding with y+. In the following validation case of fluid dynamics, you can see several values of yplus:

But, when i try to obtain those values in the same exemple, i am not able to do it. In the next pictures, you can see my results. I think i don’t know very well to check the Yplus in SimScale.

Could you help me with this?

simscale_kEpsilon_wallFunction|690x338

Thanks!!!

Hey Andrea!

Some posts that might be helpful to you:

Best,

Jousef

how can i check the y+ without using Paraview?
Just using the postprocessing on the cloud

Thanks

First you have to create a field calculation of y plus in the result control. As shown below.

Then you can see the y plus result in the Post processor. As shown below.

Regards

I have already done that as you can see on my pictures in previous posts.

So, why the y+ obtained in those pictures are different compared with the validation case if the model used is the same?

thanks!

Your model is not the same as in the validation case, your model have different dimensions, So there should be different mesh and B.L settings to obtain the same result.

I know that my model has different measures and different data so it doesnt make sense to compare them.

As i told you and as you can see in the pictures, I am using a copy of the model of the validation case. (it is not my model). This is my unique way to ensure that the y+ figured on the documentation is the same in the model.

this is the values of the documentation

yplus

And this is the values i can obtain of the model used in the documentation

Why do i have this difference?where is the error? how can i obtain the values of the documentation?

Thanks

Please share the project link.

This one is different from your previous project, you have copied it.

I am going to start to explain again cause i think you dont understand me.

My project is similar but different in some aspects of the one which there is on the documentation. I tried first at the beginning based on it but i couldnt find a proper mesh with a proper y+.

So, at the moment i am trying to validate the model of the documentation (yes, i copied) with the data which there are on your documentation.

this is the link of the project i copied and i obtained my pictures

If you check the y+ here (or in my pictures) is diferent compared with the values of the documentation.

Why?

I hope I explained myself well

Thanks

I need the project link originally created by you, if you have created one for this purpose.

What changes you made after copying the project created by @dzivkovic ? Because i find no changing in both the projects.

I didn’t change anything, just to check the y+ at the prostprocessing and i didnt obtain the same values of the documentation, this is my question? why dont i have the same values if it is the model of the documentation?

Ok, let me check