Error message: "Found a boundary condition with faces that do not belong to the mesh"

Hi again,

I happen to be having some problems assigning boundary conditions to the walls of the rotating pillar. I am getting the following error: " * Found a boundary condition with faces that do not belong to the mesh: [face134@Part2]), [face120@Part2]), [face127@Part2]. This may happen if the faces belong to a cell zone. Please remove these faces from boundary conditions." I cannot remove these conditions as they are the no-slip condition. Any tips?

Kindest Regards
kevin

Hey Kevin, as this is a new issue, I created a separate forum post, please share the link to your project as well so I can have a look :slight_smile:
Cheers!

Hi,
Here is the link to the project:

Thanks

Can you also include a screenshot please, so I can have a better understanding of your experience? Thank you in advance for all the information provided.

My geometry at the moment is:

I the cylinder inside is an mrf, housing the pillar I am testing.
I want to assign boundary conditions to this pillar.
when I try to do so the following error appears
Those face names refer to the faces of the pillar. Hope this clarifies the question.
Is there a way to overcome these boundary assignment issues?

Note that the pillar inside is not a solid, but a void. As recommended by the Simscale documentation.

Hey, this is because you set the Part 2 as a MRF region, so you should not apply boundary conditions on its’ faces. Have a look here for example:

Hi, they don’t seem to apply a no-slip condition to the walls of the impeller (in the provided example), is the condition automatically applied by the MRF or are we assuming the effects of the no-slip on the impeller blades are negligible?

You should include 2 parts in your CAD model. The impeller blades should be subtracted from the flow region, and the MRF is a separate part, that does not receive any boundary conditions:

Check this forum post as well: Blade model disappear when assigning enclosure - #13 by Ricardopg

Best regards,
Fillia