Mrf zone creation error: “A multi-region mesh was assigned - this analysis-type requires a single-region mesh”

Hi

Having read all the documentation I can for MRF zones, I am unable to create one that simulates. I usually get the following error “A multi-region mesh was assigned - this analysis-type requires a single-region mesh”. I haven’t even gotten to the part where I use this in my project, I am just trying it out on my simple test model(https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=617633634742723907&mi=geometry%3A15&mt=GEOMETRY). Any guidance on this topic would be highly appreciated?

(my suspicions are I am not defining the geometry correctly, but I don’t know what more to change)

Regards,
Kevin

Hi Kevin, this is Fillia, thank you for using the forum! :smiley:

Check this page, under the Mesh preparation section:
Rotating Zones | Advanced Concepts | SimScale.
As descirebd there, you should set your MRF region as a Cell zone before the mesh generation, this is why you get the “A multi-region mesh was assigned - this analysis-type requires a single-region mesh” now.
Let me know how this goes!
Best regards,
Fillia

Hi Fillia,
Thank you very much for the rapid response. I tried it and it worked!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Error message: “Found a boundary condition with faces that do not belong to the mesh”