Error in my project

Please help me. It is not possible to launch any project (although everything was fine before). For the “One area” type of analysis, a setting containing at least 2 areas is used. Please remove the CAD areas that are not related to modeling. If all CAD areas are relevant, make sure that only one area is assigned to the material, and all other areas are assigned to advanced concepts."

My project: Propeller by natasha_dyakova | SimScale

Perhaps, the issue is that there is more than one volume in your CAD model. Click on your Geometry and check if there is a body in addition to “Flow region”.

This documentation page may help: Error: Multi-Region Mesh in Non-CHT Simulation | SimScale

Figure 4 in this documentation page may provide a fix to the issue: How to Create Flow Volume Extraction? | Knowledge Base | SimScale

1 Like

But I was doing volume extraction and it didn’t help.

Hi @nelta, thanks a lot for posting at our forum :slight_smile:

It seems that you haven’t defined the cylinder as a MRF Rotating zone:

For reference, take a look at this tutorial and this documentation page.

A rotating zone defines a cell zone where rotation occurs. Since the cylinder is not defined as that, the simulation will identify it as interfering with your part.

Does that help?

Best,
Igor

1 Like

Thank you very much, I completely forgot about it.
Tell me, please, did it work out right now? The air seems to flow strangely through the blades.

Hi @natasha_dyakova, sorry for the delay,

All looks fine to me, what results were you expecting?

As a sidenote, if you have further questions, I’d kindly ask you to post a new topic for us to keep the discussion one topic at a time for users to separate between them when they’re looking for reference :slight_smile:

Best,
Igor