Could Someone Give me Advice on Simulating Fluid Flow Around a Wing?

Hello there,

I am working on a project where I need to simulate the fluid flow around a wing using SimScale. I am relatively new to simulation and would appreciate some guidance on how to set up and run the simulation effectively.

I need help with Setting up the geometry of the wing in SimScale.

Choosing the appropriate meshing parameters for accurate results.

Selecting the right turbulence model for my simulation.

Interpreting the results effectively.

Also, I have gone through this post: https://www.simscale.com/forum/t/is-it-possible-to-simulate-a-flow-around-body-changing-its-shape-during-simulation/61299mlops which definitely helped me out lot.

If anyone has experience with simulating fluid flow around wings or similar simulations on SimScale, I would be grateful for any advice or best practices you can share.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

Hi @elija6266, thanks for posting on the forum :slight_smile:

I think the most suitable place to start simulation in SimScale is with our tutorials. There’s one that would be particularly fitting for your application:

However, that simulation is done using a compressible solver, which isn’t available to our Community users. If you are a student, you can apply for our Academic Program and have access to it or try running a simplified Incompressible run instead. An example can be found in the following tutorial:

Please tell me if that helps!

Best,
Igor