CFD Simulation Run Error Message of Temperature Divergence Issue

Hi. My name is Nuv, and I was doing a CFD simulation using Simscale, and I was having an issue having the simulation run function since it was showing an error message every time I tried to run it. The error message said that a temperature divergence was present and asked for me to adjust the boundary conditions. Though every single time I ran the simulation after changing the boundary conditions with respect to the error message, it displayed different temperature irregularities in different regions and also wouldn’t generate potential accurate results from the temperature divergence issue. Is it possible to fix the boundary conditions so my simulation could run?
Let me know!
Thanks,
Nuv

Hi Nuv, this is Fillia :slight_smile:
Would it be possible that you include the link to the project too, so we can check?

Best regards,
Fillia

Hi there,
any updates on the temperature divergence issue in SimScale?
Let me know!
Thanks,
Nuv

Thanks for sharing Nuv!

1. It is recommended that you change the sizing of the domain, especially the distance between the wheel and the inlet. Use Figure 8 as reference:
    Compressible Flow Around a Wing | Tutorial | SimScale

2. Right now you are using a Symmetry plan, but the model is not ‘cut’ in half. You can adjust the domain so that the pane crosses the model in the middle.

3. In general the issue seems to be mesh-related. Your current mesh is 800 k cells which is an indication of insufficient quality. As a start, you can try to increase the global fineness of the mesh. Using the wing tutorial as a reference for the mesh setup could be helpful :slight_smile: Make sure to check the following pages:

Best regards,
Fillia

Hi,
This is Nuv again. I’ve changed my simulation settings for a larger domain with greater height, width, and length, I’ve also increased mesh fineness for the domain and geometry, and I also split up the CAD model directly across the middle and deleted the solid body geometry, I generated the mesh, though, there were lots of bad cells even on the domain walls which I didn’t set up, and when I ran my simulation, it still showed a temperature divergence issue…
Here is the link to my simulation:

The issue here is mostly mesh-related. The metrics look quite poor, especially for a compressible simulation.

Now, the error message is quite useful - it can be used as a start point for the troubleshooting process. This article shows the usual steps. In short, it will take finding out where these problematic cells are, and improving the CAD model around that area (the article shows the usual procedure).

Cheers

1 Like