Best approach for Food/Liquid stirring simulation

Hello,

I’m currently in need of some help on how best to simulate a mixing operation with blades in a mixing mill or blender to review the results and determine the best blade design to use. I’ve had a search and haven’t been able to find any relevant examples or tutorials which show how I could achieve this kind of simulation (i’m still quite new to simscale). The most relevant one I had found was this (shown below), but this uses a simulation tool no longer existing on simscale.

Link here:

Is there anyone who would be able to point me in the right direction on if there’s any webinars which look at simulating mixing operations with stirring blades? Or if there’s any way i could get support on how best to start this simulation design/ select the correct parameters and simulation type to use?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Muazu, thanks a lot for posting at our forum :slight_smile:

As you mentioned, unfortunately that feature is no longer available at our platform. However, if you think it should be, we have a portal for submission of ideas called SimScale Roadmap, you can suggest it over there!

We have an alternative workflow for that kind of application, which would involve the use of Passive Scalars and Rotating Zones. An example can be found here.

That wouldn’t be fitting, though, for a mixture of fluids/solids such as food and liquid material, since a Passive Scalar assumes the general properties of the fluid. We have a tutorial for the better understanding of passive sources:

Does that help in any way? Please, let me know!

Best,
Igor