ACH in negative pressure room

My simulation is completed, but I would like to know about the ACH value in that negative pressure room. I m getting confused from where we can get ACH value.

Hi @bgwachha,

Thanks for posting your question!
You can get the ACH value knowing the volumetric flow rate (m3/s), and dimensions of your geometry (width, length, and height), which allows you to know the maximum volume of air through that, and then diving for its volume (e.g.: 60*Q/Volume).
SimScale allows the usage of Mean Age of Air, which can evaluate the satisfying of fresh air inside the environment due to air circulation according to ASHRAE 55. To know more on how to perform that, please take a look at this detailed tutorial, more specifically the sections 2.6 - A, and 5.3.

best,

1 Like

hello @goncalves ,

Thanks for replying my queries.
Provided tutorial found more effective for me . however I would like to query one more, how to show ACH value in simulation result?? is that possible to show ACH value of Negative pressure room??

here I m including link of my simulation. I would like to show how much ACH occur in this negative pressure room.

https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=4713198074768278991&rru=9c4b1d21-cfbb-4757-8ea2-82fab36f7d7e&ci=72ac6a69-0abb-4264-9471-031cad4fff7c&mt=SIMULATION_RESULT&ct=SOLUTION_FIELD

Hi!

Obtaining the mean age of fluid is fairly straightforward in SimScale - there’s a result control that allows you to do that (as seen in this validation case).