Wheel cooling simulation question

I’m a complete beginner to Simscale.
I have a question about wheel cooling simulation.

To cool down a 150℃ wheel flowing on a free roller at a speed of 1m/s to 50℃ by applying 0℃ air at 15m/s to it from one diretion or two.
I would also like to simulate conditions on a stopped plate.

I would like to know how to set the conditions. I tried playing around with it a bit, but I didn’t really understand how to set the fluid conditions.

It is possible to create CAD data with Fusion360.

Thank you for your help.

Hello @ghamoge , thanks for posting your question in the forum and welcome to SimScale platform!

First of all, you can export and import your models from Fusion360, please have a look at this page for more information regarding CAD import.

Seems like you’re going to need two different types of boundary conditions. The first one could be wall boundary condition on the wheel with a Rotating Wall velocity type. This will allow you to simulate the velocity boundary layer near the wheel, so that the convection can be computed properly between the wheel and the air zone.

Second boundary condition would be a Velocity Inlet - Pressure outlet coupling probably. This couple will allow you to define an external flow velocity such as 15 m/s.

I would recommend first starting with a few introductory tutorials in SimScale documentation page. You will also find several information regarding the boundary conditions, material definition, etc there.

I hope these would be helpful,
Kaan.