Welcome! - Introduce yourself :)

Hi,
My name is Steven and I am a hobbyist electronics engineer teaching myself FEA. Wish me luck. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome Steven :slight_smile:

Feel free to open a new topic in the forum in case you have questions, we are jumping in as soon as possible!

All the best!

Jousef

Hello: I’m exploring SimScale for the first time.
David - Victoria BC CAN

4 Likes

Hello David,

nice to have you here! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Janos

1 Like

Hello everyone :grinning:,

I have been using simscale for over a year now, I am from Pennsylvania USA. I have been using it for the CFD aspects mostly, but in my free time I hope to learn more about FEA and be able to use it for personal projects.

Best,
Jake

2 Likes

Welcome on board Jake aka. PowerUser-to-be :wink:

Cheers mate!

Jousef

1 Like

Hello there,
Im Caner. Just realised there is a website like this on youtub on one of your webinars. my field is cfd. (at least im trying for it :slight_smile: ) im openmind for any kind of suggestions for cfd.
kind regards,

3 Likes

Welcome Caner! Feel free to have a look at the fluid dynamics tutorials then: SimScale Tutorials and User Guides | Cloud-Based CAE | SimScale
Cheers! :grin:

1 Like

Hi There, I’m from México, and I work in the construction área, What bring me here is that I want to simulate air comfort in a store with 2 intake holes and one exhaust extractor.
So what I’m looking for is where to place the intakes.
I’m 53 years old, and I have a MD in Project Engineering. I’m a electrical-mechanical engineer as well.
So let´s see what can I learn from this group.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Project Support

Hello all, my name is Jairo Gutiérrez, I’m from Colombia and I’m finishing a PhD in mechanical engineering.

My main area of expertise is CFD, more specifically, thermofluids, including sprays and atomization and heat transfer. My main area of interest is the use of low-cost eddy-resolving methods in industrial / parametric applications. Besides CFD, I have professional experience in aircraft manufacturing and aerodynamics.

Discovering SimScale a couple of years ago was indeed a nice surprise, after being a user (and suffering :slight_smile:) OpenFoam for the last 7+ years).

Looking forward to learning from you all and contributing!

Jairo

2 Likes

Hi, I’m an architect and design professor. I try to stress performance and evidence-based design in both my practice and the studio/classroom. Its been a while (10 yrs or so) since I’ve run CFD/FEA simulation, but with the recent concerns over airflow :mask:, I’m hoping to get back into it enough just enough to teach my students and get them started on using it in their projects.

Just setting up my first project now and can already tell I’m gonna need some advice :grimacing: !!!

Best!
Darrick

2 Likes

Welcome @dborowsk! The is the perfect place (SimScale) to improve your skill and refresh your CFD/FEA knowledge. Enjoy!

Take care,

Retsam

1 Like

hello, my name is eglan
and i am having a bit of trouble with running a simulation that i have due for my university assignment tomorrow and i am running in to a ‘Velocity field started diverging’ error…
and i need some help

2 Likes

Welcome Eglan!

Feel free to create a ‘Project Support’ forum post for your issue, and make sure to add the link to your case too :smiley:

Cheers!
Fillia

1 Like

Sup- Vir’ here (Full name- Balvir Singh)
I came here to model aerodynamics and stress simulations to help a school out with CADing toys/functional robots and 3D printing them. Living in California, things are VERY expensive, so I like to keep costs down to the minimum, not paying for extras, and spending time wisely. I usually don’t have time to spend on making models, but can do simulations normally. I believe that the forum can help me on tasks that seem difficult, if not impossible to me if I am stuck on an operation. I would like to find out the methods of the true CAD and CFD guru(s) so that I can teach others and make Simscale a prosperous, free, open browser platform that is very easy, and loaded with all kinds of various tutorials covering lots of branches of CFD. I would be honored to be with you all helping me through this exciting and adventurous journey to be a CFD expert.

Your CFD dude, Balvir. (idk call me whatever u want)

2 Likes

Well, @balvir_manj or Balvir: your are the man we wait for! :smile: We are not all gurus here, but we are eager to learn and share our knowledge, if opportunity arise. I hope we could also benefit from your experience!

Enjoy,

Retsam

2 Likes

Hi, Noah here from California. I worked for many years in CAD and cloud solutions product management, and am now working with a startup in the AEC space that might make use of wind analysis for highrises. Your cloud-based CFD modeling for AEC looks fantastic! But I have a really basic question…

Just from googling around for wind analysis in urban/AEC applications, I see a lot of virtual CFD approaches but also physical modeling and wind tunnels. I know in the Bay Area many urban structures are still analyzed using wind tunnels. This seems hugely wasteful to me if CFD analysis can do the same thing. So are there things an architect or urban planner can do in a wind tunnel that you just can’t (practically) do with solution like Simscale?

Really appreciate a little education here!

2 Likes

Hello
I am Antoine from Switzerland. my background is electrical engineering and I am a hobby pilot and aircraft builder. I have no previous experience of CFD but need it! I learn quick but this is no small feat.
I use Adobe Fusion 360 as a 3D modeling package.

1 Like

My name is Gerardo Alejandro Soto Guichapani, a Senior year student of Engineering. I like fluid mechanics, hydraulics, hydrology, and computational modeling. I am currently working in SimScale for all the facilities offered by the platform, I am trying to model an open channel with background roughness and compare it with an experimental study that has already been done in our University.
I deeply appreciate the opportunity to learn from this community and will do my best to contribute to its development.

1 Like