Welcome! - Introduce yourself :)

Hello, My name is Hisam Abou Faker, i’m from Venezuela and i recently got my bacherlor’s degree in Mechanical engineering, Even though i’m currently unemployed i want to learn CAE, while looking for some CAE software i found out about Simscale, for what i’ve read it seems like an excelent simulation software for a beginner like me.

1 Like

Hi Hisam and welcome to SimScale!

If you want to get started, please have a look at our resources that we have gathered: A Collection of SimScale Resources. Please let me know if I can help you with anything! If you have problems/wishes or requests, feel free to contact me anytime (that includes contacting me privately ;)).

Hope you enjoy your stay here and have a lot of fun with other users who are on the same path!

All the best and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

1 Like

Greetings,
I am Muhammad, I am from Pakistan. Now I have enrolled to study at PhD Computational fluid dynamics
Institute of Applied Mathematics Academy of Mathematics and System Sciences
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
My research focuses on Numerical Methods for Hyperbolic Conservation Laws.
I like your webinars with Perrin F1 team very much. Please, don’t stop them

Hello Muhammad (@rahimmaths33) and welcome to our forum!

Sounds like a very interesting field of research :slight_smile: We hope that you can learn a lot from the discussions here as well as other resources focusing a bit more on the theoretical part of simulations like the SimWiki. Thank you very much for your feedback and enjoy your stay here!
Feel free to contact me whenever you like or have questions,critique or some feedback that we can use to give our community the best simulation experience possible.

Happy SimScaling!

Jousef

Hello.I am David,I am a newbie in here.

1 Like

Hi David and welcome to SimScale!

You can visit this page to get started: SimScale Resources

Best,

Jousef

Hello, Anna.
My name is Marcelo. I’m brasilian. I graduated in Mechanical Engineer.
I’d like know how to work whit SimScale. I performed work on air conditioning, exhaust systems and worked with lifting and transporting machines - elevators, among others. I have a lot of expectations in developing work with SimScales.
But, first, I think that I’ve to learn work SimScale.

Hi Marcelo (@marvasconcelos1) and welcome to SimScale!

We have plenty of resources you can use to get familiar with SimScale. Some of them are:

Or you can simply have a look at the Public Projects to see how others have set up their simulations and learn from them!

Let me know if you like the resources and feel free to give some feedback. Looking forward to see you create the first project with SimScale!! :wink:

Cheers and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

HI!

This software package look brilliant.
I am from Ireland and studying mechanical engineering. I am in my forth and finial year of my degree. I have decided to base my project on FEA, however, I have a question;
Is it possible to use CREO parametric as my design software or will i have to learn a new program? If so what are the advantages/disadvantages to ether. I am quite competent in CREO and would prefer to use it if possible.

Cheers!
Alan

Hi Alan (@acrow) and welcome to SimScale!

There is absolutely no problem with using CREO. As long as you are able to export your models as STEP, IGES or STL everything should be fine! What you can also use is OnShape, a cloud-based CAD platform where you can create, modify as well as export your models. Give it a try!

Cheers and all the best!

Jousef

1 Like

Hello everyone my name is Sandra Basiima from Uganda. Am working on my project for drone aerodynamics, its new and interesting, please help in any way. Am glad to work with such great people like you. Am now unto simulation designing and i have finished e and now i want to run simulation. Am stranded now because i got this warning that some faces are missing a boundary condition assignment and if I choose to proceed, a no-slip boundary will be assumed for those faces. should just igonore it and go ahead or go and clarify. Everything seems ok because under boundary conditions, i created slip walls with a slip velocity.

1 Like

Hi @sbasiima and welcome to SimScale! AAEAAQAAAAAAAAO1AAAAJGRhNTc1ZWI0LTU0NjAtNDlhYS1iMjQzLWEzZDEyMjcwNGVhNQ

For the problems you are facing at the moment, please use the Project Support category. I will then have a look at your project :wink:

Cheers and all the best!

Jousef

1 Like

Hi there! I’m Antonio and I’m currently studying mechanical engineering in London. Originally, I’m from Spain. I’m using SimScale plattform to gain better understanding of CFD simulation and thermal analysis. Nice to meet everyone!

1 Like

Nice to meet you @acalavare! Happy to have you on board! :wink:

Anything we can help you with at the moment? A good point for you to start would be this page: A Collection of SimScale Resources

Let me know what you think!

Jousef

1 Like

Hello, my name is Attila. I am a CFD Engineer since 2009, graduated as Aerospace Engineer and later I made a Postgrad degree at the Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics. I spent 4 years at EXA Corp doing acoustics simulations with Lattice-Boltzmann codes. Currently I am running my own CFD consulting company in Munich, Germany.

Hi Attila (@afelfoldi) and welcome to SimScale! AAEAAQAAAAAAAAO1AAAAJGRhNTc1ZWI0LTU0NjAtNDlhYS1iMjQzLWEzZDEyMjcwNGVhNQ

We are happy to have such an experienced new SimScaler with you on board! Looking forward to interesting discussions as well as amazing projects from you! :slight_smile:

Enjoy your stay here and all the best for your business!

Jousef

A warm hello from Singapore to all the members :star_struck:

I just completed my Masters degree in Computation and Modelling from National University of Singapore. I am a CAE fanatic and am eager to learn the capabilities of SimScale. I have a diverse range of experience across R&D, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Additive Manufacturing, Lean & Supply Chain Management. Formula 1, Air Crash investigations, Cricket, football are few things that I keenly follow . I am just happy with the warmth from the SimScale forum members during my initial conversations earlier.

Cheers
Aravind

3 Likes

Hey @aravindbaskar! Thanks for the nice introduction and (again :wink: ) a warm welcome from our side. Glade to have you as a member now!

Really looking forward to see some nice projects from you and being involved in discussions inside the forum.

If you need anything, have some feedback or just want to talk feel free to drop me a message.

Jousef

Hi All
My name is Michael Im an aero engineer in Australia who is currently working on some light aircraft design projects. Im particularly interested in FEA and CFD applications to aircraft design. I have had previous experience doing stress analysis and design using catia and nastran. So far im finding Simscale and onshape much more user friendly!!!. keen to meet anyone else who is interested or working on aircraft projects too
Cheers
Michael

Hi Michael (@MHHS) and a warm welcome from our side! AAEAAQAAAAAAAAO1AAAAJGRhNTc1ZWI0LTU0NjAtNDlhYS1iMjQzLWEzZDEyMjcwNGVhNQ

Solid foundation to get started with SimScale! We have good resources for CFD, FEA as well as other topics you might be interested in: A Collection of SimScale Resources.

Let me know if I can do anything for you and feel free to pm me whenever you need help!

All the best and enjoy your stay here!

Jousef