Welcome! - Introduce yourself :)

Hello and welcome to our forum @Darren! Very happy to have you on board :slight_smile:

Looks like you got some solid experience in both CFD as well as FEA.

Really looking forward to see how you can benefit from our platform with nice and interesting idea(s) you come up with!

Regarding the csv issue , I would like to give you some good resources from @ahmedhussain18:

Just get through them and let me know if the posts helped you.

Wish you all the best and enjoy your stay here!

Jousef

1 Like

Hello,

My name is Eric Weber. I live in Omaha, Nebraska. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Minnesota in the United States.

I have been working with SimScale for about a month now and like what I see. I have about 10 years experience using CFD and FEA tools. I currently teach do tech support and training for Solidworks Simulation and Solidworks Flow Simulation. These are nice tools for designers and engineers but don’t have the power that we can get using SimScale.

I am excited to get to know SimScale in a lot more detail so I am able to do some more complex problems than what I can currently do. I think the public projects are a very nice learning tool that we all can have access to for free while we get to know SimScale.

3 Likes

Hi Eric (@eweber) . We are very happy to have such an expert like on board :slight_smile:

Feel free to contact me whenever you need help or you want to give some feedback on the platform (or any other reason ;)). Looking forward to see some nice projects of you!

Happy SimScaling!

Jousef

Hello everyone,

I’m Swapna, Mechanical student, trying to understand the world of fluid simulations.
I have some experience with general simulation flow and would like to understand the black box better to solve real flow problems.
I want to work on the simulation of mist carried by air (I didn’t think this would be difficult) , but when I started on it I was drowned on the topics of multiphase heat, mass & momemtum transfer. I learned that I should take baby steps. So here I’m, starting at basics on a new platform.
Hopefully, with the help of members on this forum, I might get some where with this project. After I get some handle on simscale, I would start a thread on the project I want to complete so badly, please feel to post your ideas and any information you think that might be helpful

Let’s share & learn together.

Best,
Swapna Kondaveeti

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I just graduated with my masters in mechanical engineering (thermofluids specialization), and my ultimate goal is to get a job in formula 1 as an aerodynamicist.

My goals with joining the simscale forums are to get tips, advice, and inspiration to help me develop my skills further, and to help others do the same with their goals.

I recently started a project group called “F1 Aero Academy” through which I plan on creating a series of reports on a variety of aerodynamic related topics to help get noticed by future employers. My reports will consist of a theory section to explain the topic/aerodynamic principle in detail and then will be followed by a case study to illustrate the principle, for example how DRS works. Project Banner

Anyway, I look forward to collaborating with and sharing my ideas and projects with the other simscale members. I am also thankful that such a wonderful resource such as simscale exists

2 Likes

Welcome @skondaveeti and @Vyzer,

Welcome! We’re very glad to have you in the SimScale community :slight_smile:

@skondaveeti - I think you have the right approach; starting with baby step and building up from the basics. Here are some resources that I think will help:

@Vyzer - First of all, congrats in graduating with your Master’s in ME! That’s great that you are working towards a job in F1. We look forward to collaborating and being a part of your F1 Aero Academy project in any way we can.

All the best,
Anna

hi,my name is binod chettri. I completed BE in mechanical engineering in the year 2016 and my fianl year project was on CFD analysis of concentrictype heat exchanger using AL2o3 nanofluid as working fluid. I am working as a junior engineer in u3nepal in R & D department.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @binodc,

nice to see you here! Feel free to discover the possibilities of the platform and let us know if you have any questions. :slight_smile:
Best,
János

1 Like

Also a warm welcome from my side @skondaveeti, @Vyzer & @binodc!

Thrilled to have you on board! If you need help with anything, please let us know.

Enjoy your stay here and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

Greetings,

My name is Gustavo M. Bolson and I just turned 18! I’ve finished my high school last year at the University of Caxias do Sul, Brazil, and I’m taking an “unfortunate” gap year learning German in Berlin.

I’ve been dreaming of becoming an Aerospace Engineer for as long as I can remember. I love absolutely all aspects of engineering and hope to one day study in the US. My father, an Electrical Engineer, told me about the great challenges I’ll have to overtake in the years to come, considering I’ll have to fight for a scholarship and build my own way from the ground up. But they say you have to do everything you can to achieve your dreams, so that’s what I’m here for!

I hope to learn a lot about all kinds of simulations in a more intuitive and example-rich environment.

Thank you for reading and also to @RealEngineering (hope I have the right tag!) for bringing me here in the first place.

See you soon! :wink:

Gustavo

3 Likes

Hey @GustavoBolson,

Welcome to SimScale - it’s great that you are going after your dreams :slight_smile: Since you’re interested in Aerospace Engineering, you may want to check our Aerospace Workshop that we hosted last year.

Happy Simulating!
Anna

Hello All,

I am Sumiran from Mumbai, India. I am a complete novice in Engineering simulations. My main field of expertise is quantum physics. I am on Simscale to (hopefully) do some side projects - especially simulating air flows. It would be great to find some collaborators here to learn from. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi @sumiran0!

Welcome to our platform! Feel free to contact me whenever you have questions.

Enjoy your stay here!

Jousef

Hello everybody,
My name is Kim Ravn-Jensen, and I live in Valby, Denmark. I have until now had a rather fruitful career in solids and CFD but am now “between opportunities”. Seeing the existing CAE world as rather stagnant, I have been looking for a way to combine recent advances in open source CAE analysis with my past experience. I wondered how to position myself in today’s environment when I today discovered that SimScale already has. My next step should be to dive into the SimScale world. I might be able to create additional value after some time of studying.

1 Like

Hi Kim (@kimrj) and welcome to SimScale!

Feel free to check out our update page on resources: A Colleciton of SimScale Resources

We hope that you enjoy your stay here. Feel free to contact me privately if you need something or have any questions!

Happy SimScaling.

Jousef

Hi.

I watched a video on Youtube and the uploader mentioned SimScale.
So curious as I am, I went to see what it was…WOW…!
It’s the first time I see such complex software run in a browser, it simply blew my mind.
I’m working on different mechanical projects, but also one that includes heat exchange.
Based on the few project I’ve seen in here already, I’m amazed by the amount of projects shared in here.
Hopefully, I can contribute to this forum with a few of my humble projects, at some point of time.
Thank’s for having me here.

Hi @UmbraGamma!

Super cool that you found your way to us :slight_smile: Which video did you watch exactly? Would be interesting to know :wink:

Really looking forward to see some awesome projects from you in the future! If you need anything do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

Hello,

I am David from Cologne, Germany. A friend of mine (@fhartmann) told me about the free simulation Seminar, witch i thought would be interesting. Indeed it was :slight_smile: and I am looking forward to spend some time getting used to this great software.
I study mechanical engineering and I would like to include this tool in my future research.

David

2 Likes

Hi David and welcome to our forum SimScaler! :slight_smile:

Well, props to your friend for recommending SimScale to you. We hope that you enjoy your stay here and learn a lot from us!

If you have any wishes, questions or remarks do not hesitate to contact us.

Wish you all the best and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

I tried to explain for my boy how the GPS system works, then I came by this video: Why The US Military Made GPS Free-To-Use - YouTube
The uploader is apparently also using this great forum.

1 Like