Still, I have to reduce the overall elements

Hey
I still can’t simulate because my overall elements are to many. Please help.
When I reduce Region refinement and Local element size my mash is too bad. I tried it. I even changed the design of my rims.

Hi @WeLen97,

Thanks for posting your question. Have you are tried using mesh Fineness as 3 instead of 8, for example? It might be helpful and the fastest way to get it.

I also would change the refinements to something like this:

Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 14.56.19

Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 14.56.38

Please give a try and let me know if this helps.

best,

It didn’t work.

No problem, now it is running, so the progress stoped at 20% with a divergence issue in a point of the domain. We built this detailed page showing how you can overcome divergence issues, please take a look: Divergence in Simulation: How to Tell When and Where? | SimScale

Do I have set up everything correct?
I used this artical:

I checked it, but I am not sure, what my problem is.

I have still no idea what to change. Please help :slight_smile:

Hey, I read the artical but I am not smarter about what to do. Can you please help me. I send a picture how it looks like.

Hi @WeLen97,

Here you find a mesh setup that was fully simulated for your case. The results are absolutely not usable due to the poor mesh, but it ran well so you can use it as a first guide. Therefore, you need to improve the mesh if you are aiming to get reliable results, but as a fair procedure please enjoy to explore the possibilities to make it better on your own.

best

1 Like

Thank you very much.
I would like to do it by my own, but I don’t have too many core hours and I don’t want to waste them.
Can you explain me please how I have to interpret my picture I sent. In the example it is only a bad mesh at the end of the wing and when I anaylse it, it’s the whole mesh. And I couldn’t figure out how to change the bad mesh.

Best regards

I changed again my mesh to a lower one. Not that low as you did it but lower than before. Why did you leave out the region refinement and use only local elemnt size?
I don’t think I can clean up my CAD, otherwise it isn’t representing my idea of a racecar. And I already did, just like an easy geometry of my rims and wheels.
I have the feeling that my whole fine mesh isn’t good, doesn’t matter how coarse my mesh is.
But I would like to analyse the drag and lift coefficient. But you told me that the quality of your mesh isn’t good enough for a representing answer.
And I would like to see how the air is flowing around the car, but it isn’t working even when I am changing the write interval to 100 of 1000. And it is not showing the vectors.
What can I do afterall that my answer is a succsess?
Thank you very much.