Step-by-Step Tutorial: Homework of Session 3

please help, error in simulation.

please provide with the spreadsheet to calculate numeric settings

Moved conversation with @nrastogi to private.

@oliver_schmidt
@kpetersen

It seems like you choose to wrong number of computing cores. You have to choose a 32 core machine to run this simulation.

I have just checked the number of computing cores, and it has been set to 32 from the begning.

Hi,

i imported the project link you posted here.

Cheers,

Milad

1 Like

Thanks i missed that one, i thought it was the core chosen in the mesh setting

1 Like

Hi,
I got some problems with the numerics as you can see. but i put the values as it was written in the tutorial.
Any help?

thank you very much.

@Milad_Mafi @Akrem

@Akrem @Milad_Mafi when I try to run the simulation it says that it will exceed the maximum quota of core hours I have, so I can’t run the simulation. Please help.

Moved conversation with @d_rodriguez32 to private.

Greetings, if the mesh creation has finished, but the Meshing Log includes errors like “illegal triangles”, “tesselated surface not closed” and “Mesh quality check failed. The mesh is not ok”, is it ok if I start a simulation or will the results be off? Thanks in advance.

Ignore my previous post, the question has been answered above.

@Milad_Mafi @jousefm @Akrem

I am trying to mesh the model and every time i do, i get error " Meshing Terminated".
And In mesh log, The following is displayed:

[3] → FOAM FATAL IO ERROR:
[3] Illegal level specification for surface solid_0 region body : minLevel:-5 maxLevel:5 levelIncrement:0
[3]
[3] file: IOstream.castellatedMeshControls.refinementSurfaces.solid_0 from line 0 to line 0.
[3]
[3] From function Foam::refinementSurfaces::refinementSurfaces(const Foam::searchableSurfaces&, const Foam::dictionary&, Foam::label)
[3] in file refinementSurfaces/refinementSurfaces.C at line 305.
[3]
FOAM parallel run exiting
[3]
[1]
[1] → FOAM FATAL IO ERROR:
[1] Illegal level specification for surface solid_0 region body : minLevel:-5 maxLevel:5 levelIncrement:0
[1]
[1] file: IOstream.castellatedMeshControls.refinementSurfaces.solid_0 from line 0 to line 0.

I tried redoing it many number of times and went through the slides again and again and found no mistakes. Please help.

Project Link: https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=247f40b7-6fb9-46a9-bc76-8b659325e80f

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@Milad_Mafi @jousefm @Akrem
I am not able to see RadiatorZone in simulation setup
Project link : https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=d434e528-c4e2-4eaf-ac60-ea5c5e2ec136

@varunsura,

your error is already in line 2 “minLevel:-5 maxLevel:5”. minLevel must be 5! Try again and tell me if that worked for you.

Cheers,

Jousef

Hi @wzanin,

counter-check your simulation settings with this project: Project F1

If you still have everything correct I will jump in again and help you out.

Cheers,

Jousef

@ishanbangia,

I can see the RadiatorZone.

Is that what you were looking for? If I did not get you do not hesitate to ask me.

Best,

Jousef

May you please check it in my project

Project link : https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=d434e528-c4e2-4eaf-ac60-ea5c5e2ec136

Its not present in Topological Mapping of Material Selection of Simulation Setup

That is right @ishanbangia. Take this one: Project . It already has all you need in it.

If you still have any problems make sure you tell me. I will help you out then.

Best,

Jousef

please help me with the stream lines
I am unable to see U point data

my project link
Thankyou,
Mukesh

Thank you, That worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like