Step-by-Step Tutorial: Homework of Session 1

HI
My simulations and meshes is marked as ‘Queued for computation’ just about 7 hour. Is that normal, or I did something wrong?
Thanks
Dmitrii

Hi,
in my project, two meshes are over and rest are in queue for over hours and the simulation for 4 hours. I read the post regarding the server traffic but just wanted to know if my setup is right since it has not showed any error. I also wanted to request if extra time could be given for this Homework.
Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Soni

The operation on the Mesh 18deg it’s finished but on the simulation designer I can’t choose it, it’s the only one I have the problem with. Any answer?

Good morning @debroy84863568: I increased the cores to 16 and the meshing process was successful!

Try it again with 16 and let me know if that also worked for you!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @dimkakutasin and @asoni,

@AnnaFless will jump in soon giving you more information. Just wait a bit :slight_smile:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi,
I have problem with generating the mesh. I have done the project twice and still can’t generate the fifth and the first one. I have spent hours on that already because it was generating for ages…

Please help

Good morning
The mesh operation for 10 mm is still queued for computing from last night. Can u please check it for me?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hi @zplocke,

I will investigate your project. Just submitted a meshing job. Let’s see what it does. I will come back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Good morning @jocon,

make sure you chose the right model for your 10mm project. You have selected the 5mm-up model as the base geometry. Change it to the right geometry and try meshing it but with 16 cores not 32 cores. Tell me if that worked for you!

Cheers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

The homework deadline has been extended until Friday December 9th at 11:59 pm CET so you have more time to finish up the simulation runs and post-processing.

Happy simulating!

Best,
Anna

6 Likes

Hi @npotabatti,

I will check your project now and see if there are any mistakes! May take some time. :wink:

Edit: @npotabatti I cannot copy your project at the moment. There are some issues. I will add your project on my to-do list. We have to be patient :slight_smile:

Hi All!

Sorry for being not so active here on this forum :grin: Seems like many users are having problem with delayed operations. Considering the traffic we have right now, it is quite normal. But still our back-end team is trying to make things faster for you.

Therefore, until the end of today or tomorrow we are hopeful that there will be some improvement and then most of the operations will be faster.

Until then be patient and keep on Simulating with SimScale!!

Best,
Ahmed

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for the responce .
Unfortunately i couldn’t keep up more yesterday .

I am restarting now .

Here is the link . https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=6180bf16-d10c-403e-b72a-bb7bf7aba531

Hi @AlexanderKon,

you have a little mistake (see picture). Make sure you set the Feature Refinment Levels from 0.001 to 7. Change that and try submitting your job again!

Hey @jocon,

checked your project and reran the meshing. Here you go:

Hi @zplocke,

I did one mesh for you and it worked so far. You can have a look at it here:

Continue with the rest and if you still encounter some problems I will do the rest for you :smiley:

Happy simulating!

Thanks for the correction . Haven’t noticed because in the picture is like ( 0.00) the third digit isn’t very visible .

Now , i i tried resending the the first mesh only , with the changes , but nothing yet .

One mesh from yesterday succeded to finish the computation , specificaly the last one 18deg 10mm up , but had the mistake you mentioned also . I change the setting and save it . Do i have to resend it for computation ? Or try experimenting in simulation as it is . ( i don’t think i will manage finish the homework on time eitherway ) .

plz check it.

Hi @AlexanderKon,

no problem. Yes that is true but it was mentioned in the text. I also tend to look at the pictures only and ignore the text sometimes :wink:

Yes, you have to change your settings then submitting a new meshing job.

You can still finish your homework:

Good luck and let me know if you have problems mate. But try it on your own first :slight_smile: