Step-by-Step Tutorial: Homework of Session 1

I did them all. I started the simulations. Now I’ll have to wait :slight_smile:

Greetings,

I would like to know if the homework will be accepted with 5 simulations finished since my mesh operations for configurations 4 and 8 finished in error again and my simulation for configuration 7 has finished without Solution fields. I will try to perform these operations again but in case they dont finish computing in schedule it would be possible to present only 5 simulations completed as stated above?

Best regards.

Hi @juansan995 ,

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck and cheers!

3 of my simulations were cancelled due to i think the overloading of the server so is it okay if i upload the homework assignment as it is?

Hi @bmaitra,

as mentioned above you can just send your project with the meshing and simulation setups shown.

Best,

Jousef

thanks a lot

Hi
some of my simulations was ended with ‘engine error’,but I not received a notification that my job was cancelled. They was cancelled, or I need to recalculate it?

Thanks

Hi @dimkakutasin,

if you just want to pass the homework you can submit your project with the meshing and simulation setup only without having post-processed anything. But if you want to see the results of your simulation and you get an error I might help you out there.

Cheers!

I just want to know, why the error appears (I did the same in other simulations and everything worked correctly)

Hey @dimkakutasin,

I will rerun your project and let you know how it went. :+1:

Thank you.

So I’ve already submitted my HW - I have prepared all simulations and also 2 results are done. I am not sure if Save of state works well or I just don’t know how to load it properly so I made few Screenshots. I will be without computer next two days so I hope it is enought. I did my best… Regards and looking forward for next HW. :wink:

Also I will be glad if someone will provide completed HW to see results and diferences for each flap position. :slight_smile:

@dimkakutasin

It worked for me without making any changes. I will send you the project link privately.

Cheers!

@FCervenka

I will send you my project privately. :+1:

Unfortunately i had misses the Session 2 webinar , But i can see only webinar 1 in youtube , when will the second webinar will be uploaded ?

Hi,
I have been having trouble setting up the mesh for the first configuration. Besides one more, the rest have been set up. Also in regards to simulations, I get a message saying that the simulation will exceed the hours limit. Is this due to the wrong package?

Hi @Bhishma,

it will be uploaded as soon as possible.

Cheers!

Hi @iqra,

I just inboxed you with a project. The message says that you will exceed your computational core hour quota.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best,

Jousef

Hi all,

I am having issues with the simulation for Configuration 2. The simulation fails after 90 minutes due to numerical instability. The results do not approach a steady-state value as expected.

All of the other simulations I have done (0deg, 12deg, 14deg) have had good results - this has been the only simulation so far with this behaviour. I created the simulation by duplicating the 0deg simulation and changed all of the necessary values.

Please may someone assist me with the 6deg simulation.

Thanks very much.
Kind regards,
Chris

Hi @vrtchr001,

I will send you a link to my private project so that you can counter-check all the settings you’ve done. You probably have a typo somewhere in the setup.

If you still have issues with numerical instabilities let me know. I will help you out.

Cheers,

Jousef