Simulating biomimetic water filter

Hello! I need to create a biomimetic nanofilter for a school project. I need to collect data about percent constituent filtered, pressure needed, and energy required. However, I do not see any tutorial on simulating fluid dynamics and collecting data with water filter membranes. Can someone please direct me on how to do that/where I can find a tutorial for that?
Below is an example of a biomimetic membrane. Thank you!

Hi, this is Fillia!

This seems like a very interesting project, and I would love to see how it turns out! Unfortunately, we don’t have any water filter tutorials, but I suggest you have a look at our porous media advanced concept as a start, to see if this could be a potential way to model your filter:

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Fillia

2 Likes

Thank you! Is there a way to measure the energy required for the filter in SimScale?

By calculating the pressure that is needed? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This appears to be a fascinating project, and I’m excited to see how it comes out! Unfortunately, we do not have any water filter lessons, but as a starting point, I recommend taking a look at our porous media advanced idea to see whether this may be a viable option for modelling your filter.

I love Fluval Biomax Bio Rings and use it to clean the water of my aquarium. I also like its porous structure.