Simscale not showing Y+ in Post-Processing

I have run 3 simulations where I have explicitly added Y+ as a field calculation under result control, but when the simulation is done it doesn’t show Y+ in the solution fields. Does anyone know why this could happen??

Hi @d_rodriguez32,

could you share the project link with us?

If you do not know how you do that, please have a look at this thread: Sharing a project

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm,

The simulations are the runs 1 & 2 under the “Coarse Mesh – 0 deg (Layer1)”

Thanks!

Diego

Hi again @d_rodriguez32,

we will have a look at that issue. As soon as we have a solution to that, we will let you know.

In the meantime, stay patient and enjoy your weekend! :wink:

Cheers!

Jousef

you were a day quicker than me! I submitted a ticket but if anyone is reading this post it looks like this affects other field calculations too including vorticity.

Darren

@d_rodriguez32 - the CFD team is looking into it! We’ll get back to you asap!

@1318980 - I couldn’t reproduce it in your case. Yplus + Vorticity show up in the result fields in your runs. Did I miss something?

I am also missing vorticity!

Yep - reported accordingly! I’ll give an update as soon as it has been investigated.

@dheiny, It shows in any runs that happened before this was an issue. However, for the last few runs from about Thursday haven’t had them. I would be confused if you could see them as I downloaded the results and opened in preview incase it was posted processor just not reading the results.

Edit:: why you might be seeing the variable and me don’t, there is apparently 2 ‘run 13’ you want to look at the later one, sorry I deleted a few runs and this messed the auto naming up.

Sorry for late reply
Darren

Hi @d_rodriguez32 & @1318980 ,

the issue has been resolved and the result control fields are now available in the Post-Processing tab.

Make sure you give a quick feedback if everything works for you.

Cheers,

Jousef

@jousefm this works for me now, with one thing to note. I had to delete and recreate the field calculation items to get them to work. Or at least it didn’t work the first time and then did after this action.

Kind regards,
darren

2 Likes

I expected y+ to be well below one, however, I’m not sure I expected this low, I cannot drop the upper bound of the scale to any lower to see if there is a gradient. So I’m asking is this realistic, I only question it since we have had troubles.

Kind regards,
Darren

Hi Darren,

this is already under investigation. I will come back to you as soon as this issue has been resolved. Thanks for pointing that out and sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers mate!

I had this exact same problem with my last project.
There were no Y+ field in the results last week. Yesterday, I ran another simulation and the results were in the exact same range as in the picture of the wing above, almost 0.

Hi @eduardocclc,

the fix will soon be shipped so that you can continue working on your projects - sorry for the lost productivity.

Me or @dheiny will keep you up to date.

Best,

Jousef

1 Like

Hi, will this work for the simulations which are already done or will i need to re-run it?

Thanks

Hello @bojan,

if a rerun would be necessary, you can just contact me privately. I will run the simulation for you then. That saves you some core hours.

Regards,

Jousef

Hate to dredge up an old post but I’m having a similar problem. Y+ seems to be zero across the entire flow field. SimScale

Hi @jhartung!

I have checked for “510G Deflected (test)” and the yplus value shows up in the post-processor. Are you referring to another run maybe?

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm, very strange. Yes it does show on 510G Deflected (test) which you may recall was the run that I duplicated from a similar simulation that was working properly. If you check CAC Deflected - Alpha12Beta10 I believe you will see what I mean.