Problems with meshing

This simulation is to regenerate the Rayleigh-Taylor instability between two fluids of different densities. I tried following the instructions and guidelines, but the problem was not solved. I even tried to create a whole new simulation from scratch. that also did not solve the problem. Please help me with this, because the simulation is very basic in nature, and failure to accomplish this one is making me uninterested in the platform.
I think the problem is with meshing, but I’m not being able to solve it anyway.
New model:

Hi,

The biggest issue here is indeed the mesh, which is suboptimal for multiphase simulations (see some meshing hints for multiphase sims here).

Remember that you can always search for similar problems in the public projects section - there will usually be some projects that can be used as a base. For instance, this one has a pretty optimized mesh.

Cheers

I have already seen this project myself. But you can see that the mesh in this case was uploaded separately. So, I can get no information about the creation of the mesh from this project.
I have also tried to look into other projects of similar kind, but could not change my project to a workable condition using those settings. I have also tried different mesh setting after thoroughly studying about them.But nothing fruitful happened.

And Sorry for the late reply. I saw your reply on the very date of your response, but I went through the materials and public projects(once again)you mentioned in the reply, before getting back to you.

Hi @gmukherjee ,

It should still be possible to obtain that mesh in SimScale by using a hex-dominant (parametric) meshing tool with the same cell sizing everywhere in the domain (that is, no refinements, by setting the appropriate bounding box resolution).

Other options to obtain that exact mesh are:

• You can always copy the project that I linked and change the simulation settings to the ones you want. This way, you can use the same mesh as the other user had.

If you want to learn how to obtain a mesh like that one on your own, here are some things that you can try:

Cheers

1 Like

thank you for sharing with us, this is really help full for me

1 Like

Thanks and regards..