thank you very much for your help. Recently, I was and am busy so I could write off earlier.
- Thank you very much for the preparation of a model with rubber. I have to calmly examine and try out. As I have because I’ll write.
- Penalty vs Lagrange. . I agree with you. when it comes to us only stress that we can use both methods but as yet we mean displacement is known penalty method will no longer suit us or how the movement will have an impact on the results of the whole model. I now teach and tested different methods.
1. Some nodes are overconstrained due to multiple constraint assignment in same direction - in this case I do not agree with you.
Below my remarks
- I think that the problem with the instruction applies to the distribution of rare solid as example or function - symmetry plane. In my example, it really did not work, but how did the split on the face and I used it calmly model is counted.
I do not know the mathematical model of such support, and therefore difficult for me to say what is the reason. You can safely work around with split face. This has no significant impact on stress and displacement - checked on other models.
- When it comes to Ux = 0 base my opinion we can not so easily change support at this point that the system can not count. This changes the nature of the displacement of the base as well as the stress distribution. A better solution is to use additional space (split) - as you wrote earlier and I do above.
If we use the function of fixed value - the system calculates. I did similar examples in other systems, and it was no problem.
Here is an example that shows what I mean.
A simple plate with three holes - is symmetry.
The first model without the use of symmetry. Simple stretching and lower face bonded (welded).
The results go in my opinion - OK, you can see the symmetry.
Then I made a model using symmetry with a fixed value (you and I use to do it symmetry).
You can see the results almost the same - the model works.
Such nearly the same results were obtained using symmetry plane - drawing before.
did even when freed UX model - comparing the two results - see the difference of stress distribution and size of stress. It was to be expected, turned into support. Also changed the movement.
we must be cautious to change supports the model and use other tricks to calculate models. A good solution was your suggestion to split the face but, in some models, the most of simple solutions in the form of a function - fixed value.
Thanks again for your help.
This example is just a drill, but rather I will not exploit symmetry in more complex models, and this example is no longer us try. I will, I will focus now on the model without using symmetry - these are used in large models. I try to use your examples and make working models.
A similar problem of contacts made in another system, it was a lot of work before the results came out As I have time, I want to do it in simscale.