No changes in water outlet temperature in my heat exchanger for CHT simulation

Hello, I did a CHT simulation for heat exchanger, I used steam to heat up the water in heat exchanger. Steam at 120degree c is set to heat up the water at 17degree c when the masss flowrate for my steam is 0.3598kg/s and 3kg/s for water. I found that the water outlet was not change that much.

Hi there, please add more information regarding your simulation, like:

1. The link to the project;
  2. What exactly you are trying to simulate;
  3. Some photos that also show the error message.

Best regards,
Fillia

1.Here is the link to my simulation.

1. I want to do a heat transfer simulation on my heat exchanger with a steam to heat up the water which act in counter to each other.

2. based on the picture above, the probed temperature (water outlet) should be 80degree c from the theory calculation, but it just increase around 1-2degree c from the inlet water of 17degree c. i am afraid that , the heat transfer from the steam pipe and the water pipe is not occurring.

Thank you for sharing!
I noticed that the “steam” is not set to “Perfect gas”:

Check this page for instructions: How Do I Set Up a Successful CHT Simulation? | SimScale

This could be a major reason for this. Keep in mind to use this tutorial as a reference: Conjugate Heat Transfer in U-Tube Heat Exchanger | SimScale

Best regards,
Fillia

1 Like

how about this, is this one of the reasons? because, i tried the particle trace, and it not even travel half of it. Du you think i have to change the design ?