Modal analysis (by Calculix) - Not longer supported?

Dear Simscale team,

Modal analysis to calculate the eigenfrequencies and eigenshapes of a structure is a very basic analysis type. Simscale used in the past the Calculix solver for this analysis type. Any background why such a fundamental analysis type (see https://www.simscale.com/blog/2016/12/what-is-modal-analysis/) is no longer supported by Simscale?

Thank you!

Hi @dgiljohann!

Indeed this feature is not part of our modules inside SimScale anymore - it simply has not been used that often. If you are still interested in this feature and would like to have it back I would highly recommend to put your wish into the Vote For Features category.

If you have any questions feel free to post your thoughts down below or drop me a private message.

All the best!

Jousef

Hi jousefm,

I created a detailed feature request:

In case Simscale decides to implement it again you may contact me for any testing of this or other acoustic/dynamic features. Thank you!

Any update on whether modal analysis is coming back to SimScale? I created an account just for this type of analysis and am slightly disappointed that it is no longer available. I’ll have to give ANSYS Fluent a try.

Hi @tsoares,

Let me tag my friend @jousefm who may be able to better address your question!

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hey there @tsoares!

We have no fixed date for the release but it is definitely on our roadmap so stay tuned :slight_smile: We will announce it in the new section as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and remain loyal :slight_smile:

Jousef