Mesh operation failed : One or more cell zones do not intersect the flow region or the intersection results in a non-solid body. Cell zones must overlap with the flow region

Hi,

I’m trying to simulate a fluid flow inside a cooling circuit for batteries. I chose the incompressible simulation model but when I try to mesh, I always get this message after 15 minutes :

"The following mesh operation(s) failed:

Mesh 3
    One or more cell zones do not intersect the flow region or the intersection results in a non-solid body. Cell zones must overlap with the flow region."

Can someone help me out please ?

Here is the link to my project :

Thanking you in advance,

Best regards,

Alexandre COELHO

Hello COELHO,

thanks for reaching out to us here in the forum.
In order to solve the issues you’ll have to create the flow volume. This will represent the volume filled by the fluid.
Since you have a mixture of pipes and solid objects first create the internal flow volumes in the edit in CAD mode and use the boolean union operation to unite all the flow volumes into a single one.

Once this is achieved you can delete all the objects and create the simulation projects.

In terms of the efficiency of the simulation, I would suggest you to first do a simulation of only the inlet piping. You can set it up just like you have done now. After that, you can use the velocities at the outlets to simulate the three blocks and at the end the bottom part.

This break up will help to faster simulate each individual section, which help with setting up a good mesh for the individual section. In the end you can still do one simulation containing all the parts for verification.

Best regards
Sebastian

Ok
I forgot to remove the bodies hence why it wasn’t working.
Thanks for your help !

Alexandre COELHO