I want to make a simple tunnel with a FAN and an obstacle :P

Hi I am a total noob in CAD software in general.

I just want to create like a box which would act like an air tunnel.

The sides of the box need to be open (so air can come in or leave from the sides)

I want to put an obstacle inside that box (like a rectangle shaped one that covers a big chung of airtunnel.

I want to be able to add a fan that either blows air in or be able to change the fan to blow air out.

Optional: Ideally I would like to add a heatsource behind the obstacle and see temperature changes depending on where I blow the air from etc. :stuck_out_tongue:
Can anybody help me doing this?

Hi there, this is Fillia :slight_smile:

Initially you will need to choose the analysis type for this project. As you are interested in the heat transfer solely inside the flow region, I would suggest to use the Convective Heat transfer analysis type: Convective Heat Transfer | Analysis Types | SimScale

You can create an Enclosure around your model that represents this flow region. To learn more about this operation, have a look here: How to Create Flow Volume Extraction? | Knowledge Base | SimScale

You can also include a momentum source for your fan(Momentum Sources | Advanced Concepts | SimScale), and a power source(Power Sources (Heat Sources) | Advanced Concepts | SimScale).

Let me know what you think :smiley:
Best regards,
Fillia

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback but when clicking on Geometries my only option is to import them from somewhere esle all the neat stuff in the link is absent

You can use your own model, or any from the public projects and tutorials. :slight_smile:

I don’t want to use “my own” model because a) I dont have software to make it b) If I had the software then it probably would be able to simulate some flow in it so why to use simscale?

Also I dont want to use public projects (which I already tried and failed) because a) I cant find something close to what I want b) if i choose something remotely close to what I want (e.g I found a PC case) I really cant change anything on it… I tried the “CAD” edit feature but besides giving almost 0 tools it doesnt seem to do much anywy e.g I tried to delete a face, selected the face clicked to delete it and nothing changed lol

How can I have the option that are in the screenshots inside this link How to Create Flow Volume Extraction? | Knowledge Base | SimScale you gave me above? This is how Simscale should look like to all users …

Hi again, keep in mind you could try OnShape to create your own model, which is cloud-based and free to use.

The CAD mode is used to edit a model, not create parts etc. You can share the project you want to edit with me so I can see why the face is not deleted if you want. :slight_smile:

The flow volume extraction tools can be accessed by clicking on this icon next to the name of the model you want to use. It will appear when you place the cursor over this area:
icon

1 Like