How to Simulate Intakes

To go along with my last post, about simulating car exhaust, I was wondering if it was possible to simulate an intake on a car without modeling all the complicated ducting through the car. Like I am curious if it is possible just to designate a face on the car as an inlet and another face as an outlet.
Any help would be much appreciated thanks!!!

Hi @cyrus_costa,

Thanks for posting your question. You can always find great related simulations in our public library, here you have two of them:

best,

I am sorry I should have been more specific, this is not exactly what I am looking for. My simulation is external simulating the whole car and I was hoping it would be possible to designate my intake faces as inlets or something similar that way I do not have to model the ducting and I don’t have a flat face that is creating a ton of drag. Hopefully this makes more sense.

Hi @cyrus_costa, we’re deeply sorry for the (very) delayed reply.

Our team was going through some restucturing and now we are trying to reply to all of the unanswered forum posts from moths past :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if I completely follow what you mean. If you mean to run an aerodynamics simulation, unfortunately the only way you could do that is by modelling the external aerodynamics case, as per in the following tutorial:

However, if you want to simulate something like the airflow inside the car, you could run an Internal Aerodynamics simulation like this:

I hope that helps!

Best,
Igor

Thanks for replying. I have found a way to do this. I use a velocity outlet on the surfaces that would be intakes in the car. I cannot make it perfectly accurate but at least something sort of works.