Diverging error

I’m doing a wind tunnel simulation and it keeps coming up with this error please help.
“The solution diverged, please check your simulation setup. Divergence can also be caused by bad elements in the mesh. Such elements tend to exist near walls and sharp corners. Visually inspect your mesh to locate them and re-mesh with additional refinements in their vicinity. If you are confident about the mesh-quality, please reduce relaxation factors and use more conservative numerical schemes.”
link: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=2319306487159798849&mi=run%3A42%2Csimulation%3A10&mt=SIMULATION_RUN

Dear @bbeanism , the error should be self-explanatory, did you check the quality of the mesh?

SimScale has all the tutorials and forum posts available online, so a simple query in google, such as “simscale mesh quality” should give you a good number of tutorials to fix the error:

These two documents contain useful links to understand other related concepts (e.g., what is mesh?, Meshing in SimScale).

If the mesh quality is indeed ok, we can check other alternatives, some of them as SimScale advices, related to the use of relaxation and conservative numerical schemes (e.g, limited schemes).

Best regards,

Jairo

1 Like

i got it to 0.288 mesh quality

Hello bbeanism,

I had a quick look at your project and noticed that the drag car was 100m meters long.

I assume that you designed your model using mm, but the native format for SmScale is meters.

You can scale down the model using the Edit in CAD Mode as described here:

Best regards
Sebastian

1 Like

Dear Jairo,Thank you for providing additional insights and suggestions for resolving the simulation divergence error in SimScale.

1 Like