Good morning to you all, i’m working on a rudder (wing) project, but i don’t whether i’m reaching a good convergence or not. Actually, i would like to reach a better convergence plot, i tried everything, changed the domain, used a more refined mesh and nothing worked. Any help or tip are wellcome. As you all can see in the images below, i made a cartesian box of refinement and all my configurations are bellow, as well as my project’s link.
These residual plots are indeed not looking very good. But the wing’s angle of attack is quite high aswell, 45 degrees.
In your first simulation, the mesh is a bit weird. Apparently you assigned a region refinement covering only 2/3 of the wingspan.
Take a look at the following sessions of the aerospace workshop: optimization of a wing - meshing and optimization of a wing - set up. You’ll find the general workflow here. In case of any doubts, please make another post
Also, try ‘Potential foam initialization’ = ‘ON’ and don’t forget to add at least a ‘Forces and Moments’ results item (preferably a ‘Forces and moments coefficients’ results item), and then run your sim until those results become stable…