Cannot "pick position" when using pressure inlet - works fine with velocity inlet

I am simulating a fan duct (part fan for a 3d printer). Created the duct, the box around it, generated the open inner space and ran simulation using velocity inlet and pressure outlet gives nice results.

Being unsure whether specifying velocity or pressure at the inlet (a blower fan generates only so much pressure and restricting the outlet will thus reduce flow, I am however unsure whether velocity inlet would take this into account) would make a difference. I used the exact same setup and changed the velocity input to pressure input (keeping the pressure output). The simulation runs, I get into the solution fields workflow.

However when I then want to select the position to place the inlet traces first of all the model disappears. When I tick it back on I can select an inlet. The inlet has however become “transparent” and the selection moves to the opposite side of the box only depending on the orientation one has chosen.
https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=307985993509173380&rru=ace74eb0-82f7-4067-915c-6dc01b08e651&ci=12d2c1c7-86f9-4baf-9a55-a944a9dc7ccd&ct=SOLUTION_FIELD&mt=SIMULATION_RESULT

Am I doing something impossible?

Hi there, this is Fillia, can you also share a couple of screenshots to understand your experience better?

Best regards,
Fillia

A bit difficult to capture in a screenshot, thats Why I put the link to the actual simulation. The first one I selected the inlet to get a particle trace. However on the second one if you rotate the box you see it has selected the internal face that was accidentally seen trough the inlet.

When I do the exact same thing in a previous simulation I do get the correct spot selected. The only difference is that I specified a velocity inlet in this case. In the case above a pressure inlet was selected. Other than the pressure vs velocity inlet there is no difference.

Hi there.

It is normal that the model disappears and only the streamlines stay visible when choosing the seed face. If you wish to view the model too, make sure you toggle on the Parts Color:

I suggest that you run a Convective heat transfer analysis instead, with the compressibility toggled on if the Mach number> 0.3. And instead of having a Pressure outlet condition on the walls, you can set them to "Natural convection inlet/outlet".

The inlet of the nozzle was correctly used as a seed face in your last screenshot :smiley:

Best regards,
Fillia