A setup with at least 2 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please make sure that all regions except for one have an Advanced Concept assigned to them

Hi,
I am trying to determine the flow of water through this syringe from entry into the syringe to extrusion through the nozzle.
I keep getting this message
“A setup with at least 2 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please make sure that all regions except for one have an Advanced Concept assigned to them.”

Link to project:(https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=7618011009234579901&mi=spec%3A9c8269ab-e8e0-4224-81c7-f200c7667a35%2Cservice%3ASIMULATION%2Cstrategy%3A2

I am not really sure how to best approach this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much.

Hello! This is a really intersting subject, thank you for using the Forum to post your question. I’m sure other users of SimScale will be intersted in the subject either, so please let us know how the project goes.

Regarding your question, you need to first create an internal flow volume to model the fluid flow inside the syringe and nozzle. This error is caused since there are only two solid geometries in your simulation, but not a flow region.

1. Edit your geometry in the CAD mode by clicking Edit in CAD Mode option.

2. Click on Flow Volume/Internal.

3. Select one of the faces that will be in contact with the fluid inside the syringe or nozzle as your Seed Face.

4. Select two boundary faces in your application that will be bounding the flow region.

5. There won’t be any excluded parts in your application.

6. Click on Apply. Remove solid parts of syringe and nozzle since they won’t be needed in the simulation. (If you are only interested in the fluid flow like in Incompressible simulations) Result should look like this:

Please have a look at this page for more information on flow volume extractions as well.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response! This was extremely helpful :slight_smile:

In the instance I would like to analyse the flow for a compressible fluid, would I undergo the same steps of establishing the flow region and then removing the solid body?

Thank you again!!

We’re happy to help!

Yes, that’s correct. You should follow the same procedure unless you’re interested in fluid-solid interaction such as conjugate heat transfer simulations.

Best.

Awesome, thank you again for your help!