What Went Wrong?

What went wrong here help please!
Here’s a link.

Hi @ccosta23,

We built this page to help SimScale community to deal with divergence issues. From the mesh quality I see that is exactly your case. Please give a try and let us know how it goes.

best,

On the example in the article there are coordinates for the point of issue. However, I cannot find any, so I do not know where my point is that has an issue.

Here I did an example on how you can overcome this issue. I just ran an automatic hex-mesh and then it went well. It is far to be a good mesh, but it shows that it is running well. Please feel free to make a copy and do your own improvements.

best,

Do you know how I can hide the surfaces of my flow region box? because when I try and select them I just select the whole model and I would like to view my car without some surfaces of the box

Maybe you are trying with the volume selection. Just change it to the surface selection.
Screen Shot 2023-11-06 at 09.11.25

1 Like

EDIT: Sorry @goncalves I did not see your response in our almost simultaneous postings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!
Also in the mesh some parts are joined that are not supposed to be joined.

Like in this picture the two parts of the spoiler are joined when they are not supposed to be.

In this one the wheel has joined the wheel well in some spots.

Or in this part of the back of the wheel joins the back of the wheel well.

Hi @ccosta23,

As I have mentioned here, the mesh that I set is quite poor and need to be improved by refinements in the correct regions. That is the cause of the merging parts. Please enjoy to make your own improvements.

best,

1 Like

Ok thanks. So just to be clear, I need to create smaller boxes around the areas of issue?