Welcome! - Introduce yourself :)

Hello @Inventor and welcome to SimScale.

Don’t make me jealous :wink: Hope to see some nice CFD simulations of your plane :slight_smile:

If you want to read more about FEA, I would recommend visiting our brand new Simulation Wiki:

What is FEA?

Cheers and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

Hello,
I’m Althea and am based on the south coast of the UK, between Portsmouth and Southampton.
I’m reasonably experienced with CFD, although probably a little rusty. I am completely new to SimScale though. I love the idea of on-demand, cloud-based simulation so am excited to see how I get on here.
All the best
Althea

1 Like

Hi @Althea!

Very excited to have you on board! I think with the help of our workshops and public projects you can easily consolidate your knowledge and I bet learn a lot new things about CFD. :wink: Thank you very much for your kind words and enjoy your stay here. Feel free to contact me whenever you like.

Enjoy yourself!

Jousef

Thanks Jousef,
Much appreciated
Althea

Hey, My name is Ahmed Essam , I am from Egypt

I am a mechanical engineer , working in an Crude oil processing Company for three years now .

I am still new to “Simscale”, and I am still discovering the capabilities of this site .

I have previous experience in CAD programs such as “Autocad” & “Solidworks” specially finite element analysis and fluid simulation .

I am hoping to learn new stuff .

2 Likes

Hi @AhmedEssam!

I would recommend to go through the Collection of SimScale Resources if you like. There you can find almost everything to get started.

You seem to have a nice, solid background that fits perfectly well :wink: How about you show us some nice simulations? :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything!

Cheers and enjoy your week!

Jousef

1 Like

Hi,

My name is Mert and I’m working in a truck & bus company in Ankara.
I am trying to define a theme for my M.Sc. in Mech. Engineering thesis and I’m here to look if a temperature distribution in a bus cabin can be analysed via SimScale. So far I checked some of the tutorials, but I think I need more.

Hope everybody would find here what they’re looking for.
Best

Mert

Hi Mert (@waypererson)!

We are happy to have you here on our platform as a fresh user! Sounds like an interesting subject you are working on. For temperature distributions in a cabin I would recommend working with any Natural Convection Simulation you can find in our Public Projects and learn from them.

If you have a specific question or something is not clear, please post your question in the corresponding section in the forum.

Wish you all the best!

Jousef

Hello
My name is Don Cooper.
I am working on renewable energy- the vortex engine and the liquid pendulum engine.

Hello and welcome to our platform Don (@vortexengineer)!

Did you join this platform to try some simulations of your machines? Would be awesome!

Cheers and all the best!

Jousef

Hello World!

I am Ibrahim from Sultanate of Oman. I am currently working in simulations of fluid flow in porous media and looking at new ways to tackle the limitations we face.
In free time I do all kind of sports to refresh my mind, Worked on some video editing using After Effects and mobile app creating.

Looking forward to have interesting convos with you.

Hi @Alshukri511!

I also used to work with After Effects :smiley: Pretty awesome program if you ask me!

Do you work for a company that uses SimScale as a “simulation ecosystem”? Let me know if you need help with your projects. I would be happy to help you wherever I can!

Wish you all the best!

Jousef

Hello,

My name is Marc Wheeler. I am a secondary education teacher in California, USA. I teach at an academy that specializes in engineering, and I also have a 4-year degree in engineering.
My objective is to start using FEA software in the structural analysis of some of the projects that my students do. At first, for a balsa wood bridge building competition that we do each year.
In time, I would like to see the use of FEA software become part of our curriculum, and my students would use for various projects as needed.
Do you have any special deals or programs for educators?

My e-mail is;
mwheeler@portervilleschools.org

P.S. Sorry about my president.

Hi Marc (@mwheeler) and welcome to SimScale!

Sounds like a nice idea and I might help you out there with some good teaching resources for educators from SimScale! Feel free to contact me privately.

All the best,

Jousef

Hi,
I’m Lakshitha from Sri Lanka. I’m the head of aerodynamics in the FSAE team from University of Moratuwa. I hope to increase and sharpen my knowledge about aerodynamics of a FSAE car by using any and all resources i can get.
If any of you guys/ girls have any advice for me I’ll be more than happy to receive them

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @Lakshitha!

I would suggest that you visit the F1 Workshop and [Formula Student/SAE Workshop](Formula Student/SAE Workshop - 2016 - SimScale CAE Forum](Formula Student/SAE Workshop - 2016 - SimScale CAE Forum) pages that are dedicated to students trying to get in touch with aerodynamics of vehicles.

General resources of CFD can be found on this page: A collection of CFD resources.

Let me know if these pages are helpful!

Best,

Jousef

Hello all!

My name is Diego from Spain. I am quite interesting in technical and scientific topics and among then in FEM method and its powerful applications. My background is on physics, theorical and applied optics and physical electronics but I am interested too in numerical calculation. My Thesis was performed with these tools (numerical calculation but in a different technique called Molecular Dynamics) and I have completed a Phd Master in FEM theory and appliactions so I am used with Structural Calculations, Thermal dynamics and CFD.
I am not working in these field at this moment so my main motivation is to refresh my skills, to calculate cases it could be interesting for me and to learn and enrich, if possible, the community.
At this moment I prefer practical calculations than theoretical case studies and I find it difficult to get quality meshes in detailed geometries. I would like to improve myself. :slight_smile:
See you there!

1 Like

Hey Diego (@ddelgado) !

Sounds like a good idea to poke around a bit on our platform and refresh/improve your skills in the fields of CFD, FEM and Thermal Analysis. If you need any help with material or have any issues with your simulations, feel free to contact me at any time (I am also here at the weekend ;)).

Have a look at our SimWiki and the general resources! :+1:

Please let me know I can do anything for you. Enjoy your stay here!

Happy SimScaling!

Jousef

It’s nice to see you are pursuing your dreams, and it would also be exciting to have you check in with us once in a while, #kiku

Hello dear friends mu name is David, i am new here i have just joined here, wish to have fun and enjoy my stay!! found you by searching for hghreviewer.com because of my health issues and that’s strange :smiley: but i’m really happy i did because i start loving this site.

1 Like