"Velocity field started diverging"

Hello, I had an error when starting an incompressible flow simulation and I’m not really sure what to do.

The message states:

Velocity field started diverging. Please check the mesh quality near the reported location and try refining the mesh. If the problem occured near a boundary, please check the boundary conditions. In case of doubt, please ask for assistance via our support chat. Velocity = 8.89335e+07 at position: (0.009443 m, -0.1165 m, 0.01844 m).

Here is the link to my project: SimScale Login
(Incompressible 3, Run 1)

Thank you and help would be extremely helpful.

Perhaps the following article will help troubleshoot the issue further. Note at the bottom of the article, there are two workarounds to try: Divergence in Simulation: How to Tell When and Where? | SimScale

The above article also directs to another article that gives further details on how to check and improve mesh quality: How to Check and Improve Mesh Quality | SimScale

Hi @jviernes, thanks for posting on the forum :slight_smile:

@nelta provided some good resources to diagnose and solve the divergence problem within your model. Indeed, when you take a look at the volume ratio for instance, you’ll see that it falls way outside the desirable range:

A possible solution to that would be to apply some refinements or, in a better way, to cleanup your CAD so that some small faces and features that are not relevant to the analysis are suppressed, such as this one:

Does that help?

Best,
Igor

Thank you so much

Hello, thank you for responding. For the solution, what type of refinements should I use?