Vehicular fan - How to configure it?

Queridos amigos

Dear Friends,

To configure vehicular fans I have done it in the following way:
I have been configuring a volumetric output in extrusion(cut) and immediately afterwards the same volume is set as inlet. In this way I can increase the speed of the fluid without increasing or decreasing the amount of air inside.

Unfortunately for transport of species I can not do that because I would lose concentration of the species. Therefore, I have the following question: Is there any way to connect the output results with the input results?
Is there any other way to set up vehicular fans in the enclosures?

I have asked this question several times, maybe someone here can help me :slight_smile:

HVAC contest have me pensive

Hi @camilomati: I suggest to use Momentum sources. You can do it in two ways:

• From within SimScale, by defining appropriate geometry (cylinder)
  • In your CAD, designing the cylinder in a volume and importing whole geometry.

Please take a look at SimScale project about using momentum sources. Mind that you do not need to create a cavity at all.

Cheers,

Retsam

3 Likes

hahaha ! I had not seen your project, it’s wonderful to be able to do it that way !!!

Congratulations, you used the simscale options very creatively

1 Like

Hey Camilo!

Maybe this actuator disk simulation helps you as well: SimScale. The project also has a link in the description which shows how the momentum source works.

Best,

Jousef

1 Like

Camilo: I’m happy you appreciate my bizarre way of playing with serious CFD software! :blush: I had a lot of pleasure discovering nature ‘secrets’ with SimScale simulation.

Cheers,

Retsam