Transient Data Regarding the Stabilization Interval of a Fan

Hi! Good Morning!

I hope you guys are doing well!

The purpose of this topic is to address an important doubt I have regarding the simulation capabilities of SimScale, which will dramatically help with the completion of a current project I am working on. Suppose I want to study the behavior and characteristics of a fan throughout its transient and steady state intervals. Using SimScale, I can study the steady state part of the behavior in a much straightforward way. However, I seem to not find a way to do the same with the transient part of the behavior, which will take place at the starting motion of the fan until it stabilizes. Therefore I ask:

1. How can I extract and visualize data regarding this pre-stabilization or transient interval using SimScale?
  2. Can I get the change of rotational motion throughout the transient interval using the freestream velocity of the wind as the input?
  3. Can I get the change of freestream velocity of the wind throughout the transient interval using the rotational motion as the input?

Best Regards!

Hello jasa02,

thanks for your interest.

1. when you do a transient simulation you can activate the animation filter in the post-processor to analyse the time dependent behaviour
    Integrated Post-Processor | Post-processing | SimScale

2/3. What I would suggest you do is to ramp up the rating motion and keep the inlet as a constant pressure inlet

the other way around would be quite difficult and I don’t know a way that this is possible in SimScale.

Best regards
Sebastian