The instance storage ran out of space during meshing

But i am getting tis error during meshing and not during simulation

Hi @123ankitj,

Try adjusting the setting the option under operation > Create Multiregion mesh > False. Also do the same for your surface refinements under Mesh Refinement 4 > Create Cell Zone > False. At this point while the two settings youā€™ve done may help in your conjugate heat analysis, but you want to try to get the basic mesh running first, getresults then worry about getting accurate results later on by doing some of the things that you just enabled.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Thanks
For the conjugate heat analysis multi region mesh needs to be true, i will try changing other parameters

Hi @123ankitj,

If this is the case then you need to adjust other parameters related to meshing as again it is likely there are too many nodes due to the multi region mesh and cell zone creations.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

It is not meshing and showing the following error:
The specified maximum runtime of the job was exceeded. The simulation run was stopped and potential intermediate results were restored. You can increase the maximum runtime in the simulation control section to enable a complete simulation run.
I have been trying it since 2 weeks and stil no success

Hi @123ankitj!

As mentioned previously you can increase the maximum runtime. Type in a value like 300000 which should be more than enough for your case! Tell me if it worked.

Best,

Jousef

Hey @jousefm!

I think he means under meshing. I tried to look for the maximum run time under the meshing operation but am unable to see any options besides under simulation control which he has not reached. Am I missing something?

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hi @123ankitj,

Iā€™m currently running it for you and will let you know if I have made any progress. Iā€™ve included the cellzones as well so lets how it goes.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Thanks for the heads up. I understood that it is not the meshing - depends on how you read it :smiley:

Also having a look at it later on, keep me up-to-date if you could achieve something. There is no runtime to be set in the Mesh Creator. This message usually pops up in the Simulation Designer thatā€™s why am a bit confused.

Cheers!

Jousef

1 Like

Thanks @Barry12 and @jousefm
Eagerly waiting for reply

Hey @jousefm,

The mesher is acting rather strange, while I didnā€™t encounter the ā€œstorage ran out of spaceā€ issue, the mesh did not save nonetheless.

Apparently in the log it did mention that the mesh was ā€œmesh quality check was OKā€ and ā€œRun Finishedā€ so not sure what else I could do. You can check it out [here] under mesh 1. Not sure what exactly the issue is as the number of nodes is not very large as well and it only has simple refinements.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Thanks a lot for the feedback Barry!

Will contact one of our engineers to have a look at this!

Cheers!

Jousef

1 Like

Hi @123ankitj & @Get_Barried!

@sjesu_rajendra gave me some good input on your problem.

First of all, mesh jobs are automatically set with a maximum runtime of 10 hours after which it is automatically interrupted what happened in our case.

Concerning the CAD model there are different issues @123ankitj has to address.

1. For CHT meshing, one primary requirement is that the solid and fluid bodies should be touching each other, but not overlapping! In your case we donā€™t have a fluid region at all - only solids are present.

2. The feature refinement is defined by level 4 for a length. In this case there are many edges/solids and hence the cell count increases to a very high number. It might be better to remove the small extrusions on each solid to reduce the number of cells!

We start with these first optimizations. If you managed to fix your model we may continue with the second iteration!

Cheers and all the best!

Jousef

1 Like

Here is the optimized model
Stil getting the same error

Hi @123ankitj!

There are still no interfaces that will be created as no solids are touching each other. In addition to that you have no fluid region as well.

You can create a small box just enclosing the complete structure, making sure it to be the negative of the existing solid parts. Please make sure to fix those issues!

All the best!

Jousef

1 Like

Thanks @jousefm
I have made some changes and tried meshing again

Hello i have tried meshing the above and still it is showing error

Hi @123ankitj!

Now your CAD model seems to be fine except for the small parts in the solid - this mesh is going to explode and as suspected you did not get the mesh back. Please defeature/simplify the model otherwise it would most likely fail again.

All the best!

Jousef

Thanks @jousefm
I am sorry but i cant cant simplify the geometry further

Thanks for tagging me in @jousefm :slight_smile:

Hello @123ankitj,

You are working on an interesting application indeed!!
This is a simple CAD to work in terms of physics, but in simulation terms this is a bit more complex since you have multiple solids that have small dimensions on par with the complete geometry. What we could expect is that the mesher tries to introduce large number of cells in these small regions and hence the total cell size explodes.

Hence the usual workflow would be to increase the complexity in steps, i.e. start with a simple model for which we know everything works perfect. This way we could try to figure out the problem, rather now we canā€™t be sure where the issue is -> it could be the large number of cells, automatic contact detection, incorrect part meshing etc.

The ideal workflow would be only to have the blocks inside the air region and run a quick trial
-> works - then proceed further to add all parts, leaving alone the small parts and reiterate. The small areas can be added as a final step
-> doesnā€™t work - then we can be sure that there is something wrong with the basic workflow and try to troubleshoot this.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Sam

2 Likes