There is a small groups of solar panels on the roof of a building. And here is the link of my project and I have simulation result in “Run 1” (stopped at 3%):
As you can see, strong wind blowing from the right, the objective is:
1) To see how many concrete bases are needed in order to prevent the panels from blowing away by typhoon.
This is the setup of the system, I divided the panels groups into 5 groups (01 to 05):
For the test:
- Average wind speed is 70m/s, with wind gest 85m/s.
- To save CPU resources, I only want to test panel groups “01” and “03”.
- I want to test upward forces acting on panel groups “01” and “03”.
- I want to test moment forces acting on panel groups “01” and “03”.
But I have several questions / problems:
Do you have any comments for the mesh and refinements?
The thickness of the solar panel is only 35mm. How can I create better mesh for the edge of the panels?
I applied symmetry for these 3 faces, is it correct?
For the Simulation Control, I use the following settings, but I find that the simulation takes a very long time, and stopping at about 3%. What’s wrong with my settings? And how could I achieve what I want based on the limited CPU resources?
How the “Write control” & “Write interval” in the “Simulation Control” and “Forces and Moments” boxes are related?
Any comments in Numerics?
Thank you very much.